Picked up a 92 Summer Edition

folky15

May 10, 2007
Chicago
Having recently learned about this flavor of Fox bodies, I found one in good shape and have been enjoying it.
A little late in the year to buy a convertible in the Midwest, but hoping for a few more nice days to get her out to stretch her legs!

MVIMG_20201004_145045_2.jpg

IMG955351_20200928_172835.jpg
IMG958466_20200928_172947.jpg

PXL_20201023_193446724.MP.jpg

IMG958402_20200928_173031.jpg

MVIMG_20201008_180603.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Another vote for perfect car. Hate to ask , but how much did you pay for it. Its ok where all friends here . The reason I ask is because prices are way up for a car like that, but maybe the old guy doesnt know that.

That was the same thought I had, lol, having previously owned 2 of the 7-up (green/white) verts. Beautiful car!
I've got one now. My wife jokingly asked if there was a Cherry 7-Up version and I found one on ebay and bid. I won and the guy backed out because he claimed he forgot to put a reserve

If it has about seventy thousand miles on it they can go for fifteen grand around here in Fla. Any low mile fox that is still fairly stock is got some nice value. I like those rims , and that color which I would assume is a color only used on the Summer Edition. They seem to always come from the midwest.

If it has about seventy thousand miles on it they can go for fifteen grand around here in Fla. Any low mile fox that is still fairly stock is got some nice value. I like those rims , and that color which I would assume is a color only used on the Summer Edition. They seem to always come from the midwest.

Verts are cheap up here in the Northeast. $7K would buy you a pretty clean 5.0 convertible.

I looked at a '93 Yellow Limited edition that the seller wanted $8K for, but it wasn't in great shape. I thought that was a stretch as a VERY clean 93 GT vert sold for $7000 that I missed out on.

A month ago, a seller sold his dad's car. He had passed away, and it was a 96 Cobra vert with a crate motor coyote swap. Guy didn't know what he had, nor did he care. He wanted $6K! It sold in hours, and then the seller flipped it a few weeks later for $15K. Still kicking myself on that one as i hesitated and was on the "wait list".

Yes, i am looking for a second Mustang, and it must be a convertible.

Love those Summer Editions and yours looks super! Never forget the first time I saw one and fell in love with them. I was home on leave from the military and a brand spanking new one was parked alongside the road in front of one of local Ford dealerships. Love at first sight. Ironically it was in front of the same dealership I bought my brand new '86 GT from!

Reactions: 1 user
Love those Summer Editions and yours looks super! Never forget the first time I saw one and fell in love with them. I was home on leave from the military and a brand spanking new one was parked alongside the road in front of one of local Ford dealerships. Love at first sight. Ironically it was in front of the same dealership I bought my brand new '86 GT from!

Great story! This one is pretty clean and in remarkable shape considering it has 90,000 miles and spent its whole life in the Midwest.