Picked up a new ride... 4cyl way faster than my GT.

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
It'll be a while before I'm ready to really let it rip, and I may never get the balls to take it to the track. If I did, in theory it'd go bottom 11's around 118-120mph.

YamahaTach.jpg
[/IMG]

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know squat about motorcycles and probably never will... but I am guessing it isn't a 600 because those can rev to 13k. So I'm going to guess a CBR 1000.

The tach on my 4cyl goes all red by 5500 :(. It'll rev higher, but I don't think it is faster above that.

I wish, but right company.

It's not a rotary right ? Those are the only ones I know that rev that high right out of the box.

Nah, I don't want to replace apex seals after every drive, lol.

Yes.

cbr 600RR ?

No. I'd love that.

moped?

:rlaugh:JK, Stay safe on 2 wheels.

49cc of FURY!

LOL he mentioned it was a 4cyl.

4-ped.

has to be a bike.

It is.

I don't know squat about motorcycles and probably never will... but I am guessing it isn't a 600 because those can rev to 13k. So I'm going to guess a CBR 1000.

The tach on my 4cyl goes all red by 5500 :(. It'll rev higher, but I don't think it is faster above that.

I looked at a CBR F4i and it redlined at 14,000...:jaw: needed too much work and insurance was too high though.

I was going to say vw rabbit. 4banger and faster than his gt.....

Maybe if I was driving in reverse...:rlaugh:

Everyone is saying bike, since when are there 4 cylinder bikes? Maybe I'm way behind, but I've never heard of one.

I really don't know of any cars that spin that high.

4 cylinder bikes are the norm. There's single cyl. V-twin, V4, and I-4. Triumph also makes some 3 cylinders...

But for a long time now the majority of import and sports bikes have been inline 4's.

It's a Yamaha FZ750. Old school sports bike to learn on, but still fast enough to haul ass. It's in decent shape for its age, insurance is pretty reasonable and I've had the itch to ride for a while so I went for it. I can hardly wait to get it registered and on the road!

Its got a jet kit and pipe on it. It sounds good (pissed off when you roll into it) but it's not stupid loud.

Learn something new everyday. Grats on the new ride! Be safe.

Sheesh, I was still thinkng crotch rockets were still two stroke engines, these freakin bikes are gettin faster and lighter every year.
O.P. please ride w/some leather on, I've seen some serious road rash pictures in my mom's E.M.T. book. I just saw some guy riding w/just a helmet some shorts, wife beater, and flip flops:nonono:.

Sheesh, I was still thinkng crotch rockets were still two stroke engines, these freakin bikes are gettin faster and lighter every year.
O.P. please ride w/some leather on, I've seen some serious road rash pictures in my mom's E.M.T. book. I just saw some guy riding w/just a helmet some shorts, wife beater, and flip flops:nonono:.

Two strokes are big in dirtbikes and some race-oriented 4 wheelers.

I already bought a helmet. I'll probably be looking at jackets and possibly some pants. Stupid on my part to not already have them, but if I don't have leathers I'll be riding with long pants at the very least. Planning on some gloves though.

I've seen guys ride with no shirt, no helmet, and in shorts. It amazes me...:shrug:

Plus1 with a tach and going 11's

I think the newer R6's redline at 17k or so. It's really unreal. But the engine in my bike is the predecessor to the newer lineup of engines... it's cool technology for it's age.

DOHC, 5 valves per cylinder. 28k between valve adjustments which is pretty much unheard of for older bikes. It makes 105hp, but with the jets and exhaust it'll be above that providing everything else is in spec... they respond pretty good.