picked up my mustang today

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
i got my mustang today. it runs great with only 51,000 org miles on it. it will make a great 5.0 conversion one of these days.

here's a video of it at idle. there is a leak at the header so it is loud right now. we will take it back to piqua and get dual exhaust with turbo mufflers on it in 3 weeks. dad has to do the roof next weekend so that's out. but here's the video

http://media.putfile.com/83-glx-leak-at-the-header-38L-V6

• Sponsors (?)

nice to see someone showin some love for the forgotten four eyes...

the 3.8 V6 was the standard engine in convertibles 83-86 and an optional engine in hatchbacks...cant say ive ever seen a 3.8 notch but im sure they existed

Congrats.... It looks to be pretty nice. Call me odd, but I kinda like the white wall and hubcap look for a change. :D It appeals to the '70s in me I guess.

Anyhow, enjoy the ride. :nice:

QUICK91LX said:
nice to see someone showin some love for the forgotten four eyes...

the 3.8 V6 was the standard engine in convertibles 83-86 and an optional engine in hatchbacks...cant say ive ever seen a 3.8 notch but im sure they existed

We test drove a V6 4 eyed notch a LONG time ago. I think I was 7 or 8 at the time (1993 or so) and we were looking for a Mustang for my mom. Drove that, drove an early 80s notch with a late model V8 swapped in, and then my dad fell in love with the 89 LX hatch we test drove that had 3.55s and a few other bolt ons. But if my memory serves me right we did test drive an 86 V6 notch (white over blue I believe).

25thmustang said:
We test drove a V6 4 eyed notch a LONG time ago. I think I was 7 or 8 at the time (1993 or so) and we were looking for a Mustang for my mom. Drove that, drove an early 80s notch with a late model V8 swapped in, and then my dad fell in love with the 89 LX hatch we test drove that had 3.55s and a few other bolt ons. But if my memory serves me right we did test drive an 86 V6 notch (white over blue I believe).

nice, that sounds kinda cool...i know there were 6cyl notches early on in the fox run, 79-82...both the straight 6 and V6...its rare to see an 86 though...it didnt have ttops too did it? that would be schweet :nice: