picking up a project car

SVTdriver

Founding Member
Sep 2, 2001
Seattle Wa
Decided I need something to occupy my time. After selling my fastback (no place to do all that I needed to do to it). I find myself looking for a car to build. I have yet to decide which direction I am going with it. But I am open to advice. My first question is. How do you get rid of spoiled milk smell in an interior?

• Sponsors (?)

1 cup gasoline
8 Styrofoam packing peanuts

Procedure

Use this ratio as necessary to make as much as you need. Allow the peanuts to dissolve in the gas. This makes a very thick, viscous napalm. You may alter the ratio as you wish. This is just a starting point. :D

pcinpdx said:
1 cup gasoline
8 Styrofoam packing peanuts

Procedure

Use this ratio as necessary to make as much as you need. Allow the peanuts to dissolve in the gas. This makes a very thick, viscous napalm. You may alter the ratio as you wish. This is just a starting point. :D

Um yeah. Not sure this adds value to a cobra. Though for the steal I am getting it at.

No this is my friends 98. He was driving down the freeway. And someone threw a gallon of spoiled milk off the overpass. It hit the windshield and went clean through. Insurance decided to total it out. Though apparently now that they have done so. They think it may have been a mistake to do so. But I am able to buy it back for $1500. And the only damage is the windshield and the interior.

I've heard that the Oozone treatments that some dealerships have can litterally work miracles with odors, you should call arround and see what you can find.

As for the buildup, I wouldn't bother with the '03 longblock. Just pick up a good set of rods and pistons for the motor you've got and season to flavor with boost.

There are 4 commonly accepted levels currently:

Mild = Eaton
Medium = Vortech or Procharger
Hot = K.B.
3 mile island = Turbo

;)

I'm not looking for something too wild. I'd be happy with low to mid 400's. At least for the first 6months or so. I'm thinking autocross and occasional track days mostly. But first step is rollbar and subframes.

While I respect people who like to dragrace. I figure much like sex. If it's good for 10 seconds. It's gotta be that much better for an hour or more. Of course occassionaly I wouldn't mind straight line competition.

SVTdriver said:
While I respect people who like to dragrace. I figure much like sex. If it's good for 10 seconds. It's gotta be that much better for an hour or more. Of course occassionaly I wouldn't mind straight line competition.
Well there ya go. Ditch the smelly interior, put a nice cage in it, and turn it into a open track toy. You have to have the windows down at the track anyway, that'll help keep the smell at bay... :lol:

Rootus said:
Well there ya go. Ditch the smelly interior, put a nice cage in it, and turn it into a open track toy. You have to have the windows down at the track anyway, that'll help keep the smell at bay... :lol:

I've got someone willing to weld in a cage for me. I'd just like to have a little interior to seat the occasional passenger.