PICnsd:What's the best way to remove a strut tower brace? (I know, stupid quiestion)

Hey,
When I bought my car it had a chrome strut tower brace. I was wondering what the easiest way to remove the strut tower brace is? Do I have to remove the fenders? :shrug:

This is what it looks like (pics is from a few months ago when I was deleting the AC)

attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)

Just jack the car up a little bit so you have some room between the fenders and the tires, just enought to get a ratchet and socket under there to hold the nut while you turn from the top with an allen wrench. Then to remove the bolts in the firewall just remove the 6 screws holding in the cowl after you remove the wiper arms. Piece of cake.

Do you have any pics how you mounted your B&M cooler, by the way? I'm installing mine and I haven't gotten it done yet. What are the "Mounting Rods" for and all of the other junk in the little plastic bag? I have the 24,000gov B&M Supercooler :) w/ my AOD

the "mounting rods" are through the radiator pull ties, mount the cooler anywhere on the rad, just don't let metal touch metal, thats bad....i think people usually mount it off to ths side, but you want to have good airflow too...

BlackFox5.0 said:
the "mounting rods" are through the radiator pull ties, mount the cooler anywhere on the rad, just don't let metal touch metal, thats bad....i think people usually mount it off to ths side, but you want to have good airflow too...

try backing off your timing alittle that should take away the ping