*PICS* My 331 stroker

juiced_94gt

Mar 30, 2005
Southern California
Motor is almost done, CHP Street fighter 331, AFR 185's w/ Comp Cams .600 lift springs, TFS Stage 2 cam. LOL and stock rockers for now since there pedestal mount heads and the rockers are 1.6 already, will upgrade later this year, this plus all the other stuff is already costing me about 6k and still needs to be tuned :eek: oh well going fast cost's money i guess :D

Picture157.jpg

Picture156.jpg

Picture153.jpg

And it's going in this.

Picture119.jpg

Picture118.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

looking good! What made you go with ped mount heads?

Reason for the ped mount heads is that i bought them of a friend brand new for 1,000 and there 185's so they where pretty nicely priced. The block is a standard seasoned 302 bored over, and yes i know those rockers look out of place on that new motor but hey, i want to install it asap and im tapped out for money so in it goes but i will be getting some comp cams pro magnum roller rockers in a few months.

Nice.... You can always have a machine shop machine for stud mount rockers for around $80, then get some roller rockers. The ped mount is not bad if you keep the revs below 6k rpms.
Makes me wanting to get my 331 stroker with AFR 185 head together when the machine shope gets done.

Don't know at the motor but...at the wheels it makes 333@5200rpm and like 440lb-ft@4500rpm. This is uncorrected numbers on a DynaPack hub dyno 90 deg. day w/ 100% humidity (the dyno attaches to the wheel hubs, so theres no tire slippage etc). Oh and motor is untuned stock cpu. Been running like this for 2 yrs. now. I am emissions exempt now so I will be going for a bigger custom grind from ED and a nice dyno tune and hopefuilly I will see some bigger numbers and better drivability. Shooting for 380ish to the wheels....

Don't know at the motor but...at the wheels it makes 333@5200rpm and like 440lb-ft@4500rpm. This is uncorrected numbers on a DynaPack hub dyno 90 deg. day w/ 100% humidity (the dyno attaches to the wheel hubs, so theres no tire slippage etc). Oh and motor is untuned stock cpu. Been running like this for 2 yrs. now. I am emissions exempt now so I will be going for a bigger custom grind from ED and a nice dyno tune and hopefuilly I will see some bigger numbers and better drivability. Shooting for 380ish to the wheels....

Damn! How does your motor make almost 100ft/lb more than mine?? Im hoping when i add these 1 3/4in long tubes and 3in x-pipe i jump into the 335-340 range. In a year or two im gonna sell my little edel heads and jump into some AFR 185s with some work done to them. HOpefully that will bring my power into some respectable levels.

Damn! How does your motor make almost 100ft/lb more than mine?? Im hoping when i add these 1 3/4in long tubes and 3in x-pipe i jump into the 335-340 range. In a year or two im gonna sell my little edel heads and jump into some AFR 185s with some work done to them. HOpefully that will bring my power into some respectable levels.
now don't get me wrong here ... i think tmoss does great work, but i bet that your lower is your restriction. strap on a holley, and you'd be at 350+ easy.