Pics of 2005 Mustang from 7/16/04

Toms302

Founding Member
Feb 15, 2001
Mountlake Terrace, WA
Here are some pictures of a Red 2005 Mustang that was at the Bellevue Washington Mustang show.
05_1.jpg

05_2.jpg

05_3.jpg

05_4.jpg

05_5.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

TomServo92 said:
Here's a closer pic:

050604-1.jpg

It appears that the left hand button are blanks. The right hand buttons are the TCS on/off, hazard lights, and I can't tell what the third one is. Anyone?

LHS buttons are for Optional Message Center. The third button on RHS is indicator for Passenger Airbag Off lamp.

That car is exactly the way the production models will be like am I right?

I still kinda wish Ford had used the intake cover, I could live without it, but it would have been a nice touch if you ask me...also I didnt care for the black plastic in the front valence at first, but its starting to grow on me. It gives more contrast to the front bumper, and now I kinda like it.

The car still needs 18" rims though, even if they are of the same design as the 17's on that car.

How is the fender/tire gap? I can't really tell in that pic, also the shift knob, and pedals are aluminum right? Is the dash real aluminum too, or just painted plastic?

245/45ZR-17 said:
That car is exactly the way the production models will be like am I right?

I still kinda wish Ford had used the intake cover, I could live without it, but it would have been a nice touch if you ask me...also I didnt care for the black plastic in the front valence at first, but its starting to grow on me. It gives more contrast to the front bumper, and now I kinda like it.

The car still needs 18" rims though, even if they are of the same design as the 17's on that car.

How is the fender/tire gap? I can't really tell in that pic, also the shift knob, and pedals are aluminum right? Is the dash real aluminum too, or just painted plastic?

The dash is aluminum according to a thread on Brad Barnett's Mustang forums.

Wow...the interior looks very fresh and modern; it looks great in those pics.

There are a few things I noticed though.

1. The door-mounted speakers look kind of obnoxious.

2. Is that an A/C button I see below the fan speed knob? I've never understood the purpose of those in cars; it seems like a pointless extra step. In our current cars, you flip it on A/C, Max A/C, vent, or whatever you feel like.

3. Anyone have a close-up of the ignition key slot? I HATE when they're difficult to locate when starting a car. While that black plastic guide might not look too stylish on our current Mustangs, it sure makes it easy to find.

redfireGT said:
The third button on RHS is indicator for Passenger Airbag Off lamp.

Wow, I had not read about that before.

That would be great for those who need to use a "rear facing car seat" (they don't fit in the rear!) for their new born.

93 teal terror said:
When did they decide they werent gonna use the intake cover??? Somehow I missed that. Kinda sucks but oh well. BTW the redfire looks awesome.

That's Torch Red in the pics, and yes it looks great! I like the decision not to use the cover if in fact they made one. It looks better in the car without the cover, but in the pics of the engine out of the car the cover looks ok. I'm not a big fan of fake engine covers, leave that to GM.

Is it just me or do the tailpipes look small compared to current stangs? This may have been covered already, but they just look like a smaller circumference than the GTs and Cobras now....which I have to say I'm a much bigger fan of the bigger pipes.