18" Boyd Coddington Smoothie II's

Attachments

• IMG_1153 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1153 - Copy.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1342 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1342 - Copy.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 90
Not to derail another wheel thread but: your sig is getting pretty lengthy, stop selling all your cars or start buying ugly ones so I dont feel bad. Hows the Barracuda?

Haha, I haven't really connected with a car since I sold my 91, hence all of the buying/selling/trading. Luckily, I have a love affair with my Barracuda happening that is keeping me sane without a Mustang currently. The Barracuda is in the final assembly stages. It's like a brand new car...

BEFORE:
P1000597.jpg

AFTER:
P1000957.jpg

If done right, I don't think 18s look bad, but from a performance and financial standpoint, they're senseless. They weigh more, you don't really need them to clear most brakes (17s will usually do the job), and the cost of the tires is retarded.

Man dump that PS box. I did on mine, not only do I not get PS leaks anymore, I got rid of about 100lbs off the front of the car.

If done right, I don't think 18s look bad, but from a performance and financial standpoint, they're senseless. They weigh more, you don't really need them to clear most brakes (17s will usually do the job), and the cost of the tires is retarded.

+1 to all this. My Cobra has 18's on it and they look sweet. The rears are kinda worn and need to be replaced, I started pricing them and it is incredible how much more expensive they are.

+1 to all this. My Cobra has 18's on it and they look sweet. The rears are kinda worn and need to be replaced, I started pricing them and it is incredible how much more expensive they are.

Well, that depends on a few things.

I've had alot of tires in many different sizes.
Sale pricing, brand and size width play alot into how much price difference there is.

I'd say normally an 18 takes a tire that is anywhere from $20 to $50 more per tire than the identical width in a 17.

Different brands have different upcharges for going to that extra inch.
Realistically though on a fox you really can't stuff that much rubber under there without clearance issues

While paying $40-$100 more dollars for a pair of tires may not thrill people, if you don't destroy them and they last a few years it's not that big of a deal.

If you goto the tirerack.com put in your size, click on the tire you like then goto "other sizes and pricing" you can compare the difference. It physically lists all the other sizes with the corresponding price right in one place so it's very easy to compare.

Now for newer cars it's worse because when the tires get real wide the price change is pretty drastic, but on a fox based on using a maximum of a 275, it's just not that bad, if you happen to be using a 245 or less (which is likely on the front) the price difference isn't even worth mentioning.

Man dump that PS box. I did on mine, not only do I not get PS leaks anymore, I got rid of about 100lbs off the front of the car.

No thank you. A lot of thought went into everything you see on that motor. The power steering is done right, won't leak, and is there for a reason. I'm not concerned with weight reduction on this car, really.

Well, that depends on a few things.

Well I've been comparing Nitto's in 315's, as opposed to regular radials to give you an idea.

No thank you. A lot of thought went into everything you see on that motor. The power steering is done right, won't leak, and is there for a reason. I'm not concerned with weight reduction on this car, really.

I can appreciate that, my car had way too much assist. Add that to a hard hitting 727 and it made the car a little too squirrelly for my taste.