Pics of my '01 yellow "wyldpny"

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

100_9781.jpg

100_9783.jpg

FORD DRIFTING FTW!!!!!!!!!!

dude you totally had a gt sticker on your air filter housing and you tryed to lie about it, including all the custom embroidary i counted 12 gt related decals on your car...just for the record...4 on the seats, one on the air filter housing, one on the bumper, one on each rocker panel, two on your center console, one on each floor mat...and thats not counting the gt emblems that came stock...

not trying to bash you just setting the record straight...

dude you totally had a gt sticker on your air filter housing and you tryed to lie about it, including all the custom embroidary i counted 12 gt related decals on your car...just for the record...4 on the seats, one on the air filter housing, one on the bumper, one on each rocker panel, two on your center console, one on each floor mat...and thats not counting the gt emblems that came stock...

not trying to bash you just setting the record straight...

:lol:i saw the air filter ones too. it's hard to lie when there are pics posted of it. he does have a CAI now so i guess there isnt room for stickers on it

dude you totally had a gt sticker on your air filter housing and you tryed to lie about it,

Sorry to bust your bubble but it was said that I have, not had, and I replied that I do not have one now on my CAI. I also said the decals were a way of testing different looks to see what I liked and don't like. Many of those early photos are old too, which I mentioned. But yeah, lets split hairs and keep the insults and bashing going shall we :rolleyes:
You people really should change the name of this site from StangNet to BashNet since obviously the only stang owners welcome on here are those that conform to the wishes of the bashing committee and your petty little pre-conconceived ideas of what some of you think a Mustang should be based on your prejudice opinions of things you like and don't like. I guess if it's not stock or only has mods that the post whores on here approve of then it's open season for immature internet bashing. Wow, what a great site for stangers who might want to be a bit different with their car, which their are many. Some of you are a bunch of whiny cry babies that bitch and moan whenever someone posts something you don't like and you really need to just get over yourselves already. Yes it's just the internet and sometimes you have to have thick skin which I do, hence why I haven't left this place already. I know that there is still some good here if I can wade through all the crap spewed by a few pathetic morons who just can't wait to hit reply and say something stupid. What some of you are obviously to blind and ignorant to realize is that there are thousands of Mustang owners out there in the Mustang world going to Mustang shows that win trophies, get features in magazines including magazines you promote on this very site. They get these awards and accolades due specifically because of the many mods they have on their stangs that some of you who are obviously mentally challenged think is fun to insult and bash. Now obviously not everyone is into car shows and wanting to be in a magazine I agree and it's quite obvious that many of you are not. If your into all go and no show thats fine.
It's also a fact that many do get featured in magazines and win awards for having a clean stock stang and that's fine as well. But if you continually bash those who like more show than go and like to add things like lambo hinges, decals, underbody neons, sub woofers and DV screens, etc then you are simply going to be alienating this site from the many thousands of Mustang owners who won't give a rats ass about your idiotic personal reasons as to why you don't like this or that. They will simply move on to another site that has more understanding and tolerant rules to the many different stang owners and what they like and have done. If that is your goal and/or the goal of this site then you are doing a great job at it.
However, most sites have a box you have to check when you sign up and join that in so uncertain terms says that the site does not allow and will not tolerate bashing, insulting and being rude to others.
Apparently this site either doesn't have that rule or the moderators are just being ignorant to the fact now.
There is quite a bit we could learn from each other but won't get there because many of you are too busy waiting to jump on the bash wagon and sling insults.
It's too bad too as this could be a really great stang site welcome to all Mustang owners, but not at the moment. It has sadly been taken over by a vocal few who like to insult and bash trying to make sure the only ones that hang around for any amount of time are only those stang owners that fit into and conform to what these goons personally feel a Mustang should look like and have for mods. Thats pretty narrow minded thinking and it's pretty bad form for a big site like this to allow a few vocal jerks to take over and ruin what is overall I'm sure a great forum.
Well, I'm sure some of you will have some more bashing and insults to sling so go at it and practice your middle school attitudes some more.
In the mean time I will be making my car the way I want while enjoying taking it to shows and to the track.

2935429_188_full.jpg

2935429_183_full.jpg

2935429_173_full.jpg

2935429_184_full.jpg

And now back to your regularly scheduled bashing....

Dude there are two ways to visually mod a car, a clean way and an over the top way and you chose the second one.
In all honesty the car would look pretty clean if you took off the Ford Racing decal on the back bumper and maybe just did a nice rocker stripe instead of the C Stripe. As for the Lambo doors, they aren’t coo. I’ve never seen Lambo doors on any car that I’ve actually thought it looked good.

As for the interior I would have done maybe just the GT and one of the slats in the seats yellow instead of the whole center of the seat and the GT and the horse. The steering wheel cover and armrest are just too much. Yellow is such an overpowering color on black you don’t need much. See my point you have so many things going on at once its just looks gaudy. Remember less is more.

If you actually think that car will get in a magazine or win car shows, I think you’re going to be disappointed. I just got my car in MM&FF and it’s mainly on the rearend build I had done. The car shows are another story you might win where you’re from but you wouldn’t stand a chance here. A buddy of mine judges a few big ones around here and no offense but he wouldn’t even stop at your car.

At the end of the day though it’s your car and you can do what you want with it BUT Mustang guys do have a certain way we judge a car. If you don’t like what we have to say you might as well leave because you’re not going to be able to convince us that looks good.

As a fellow yellow Stanger I think yellow can look amazing with the right mods and done in clean way.

View attachment 314099
View attachment 314100

:SNSign: it's a great place!!

most of the guys on here are NOT into decals all over the place and loud gaudy appearance mods that scream "look at me i'm different!!!"

remember different doesnt always mean good. you can mod your car to be unique without going over the top! a nice clean mono-tone car will attract a lot of attention. here is an example of a VERY nicely done car with tons of subtle visual improvements. notice how the car doesnt scream i wanna be different!!! it has great attention to details.

I've never posted before and after pics so heres a couple. Next mod on the list are Tokico Blue Shocks/Struts!

Before:
View attachment 314062

After(Now):
View attachment 314063

View attachment 314064

Dude there are two ways to visually mod a car, a clean way and an over the top way and you chose the second one.

There is stock, semi stock, semi modified, heavy modified, mild, wild, etc and everything and anything in between.

If you actually think that car will get in a magazine or win car shows, I think you’re going to be disappointed.

It actually has on both counts. Just goes to show what happens when you assume ;)
Just so you know I am over 40 yrs old and have been to hundreds of car shows with a variety of different cars over the years. I think I know pretty well what it takes to accomplish wins at shows and get into mags :nice:
And actually down here it is much harder to win at shows as the competition is fierce and tougher then in the states. In the states I could win 9 out of ten times which after awhile took a ,lot of the fun out of it. Here I might be lucky to win 1 out of 20 so I have more of a challenge which I actually really like.

I just got my car in MM&FF and it’s mainly on the rearend build I had done.

Congrats. I bet you were thrilled. MM&FF is obviously not a mag that I would even think of trying to be in right now since my stang at the moment is more show than go. But that is slowly changing thats for sure.

The car shows are another story you might win where you’re from but you wouldn’t stand a chance here. A buddy of mine judges a few big ones around here and no offense but he wouldn’t even stop at your car.

I know for a fact that isn't true, either that or your buddy is biased and prejudice to certain styles/looks which means he shouldn't be a judge. I have been a car judge, been on car show committees, created professional club magazines etc, etc I know the car show scene very well. My cars over the years were all multiple show winners back in the states, so again shows what happens when assuming is based on a narrow minded view.

At the end of the day though it’s your car and you can do what you want with it

Your right, it's MY car. I have and always will do what I want with MY cars.

BUT Mustang guys do have a certain way we judge a car.

No, certain members on this site have a certain way of judging cars. Just because their are more than one of you on here who like to circle jerk bash in agreement doesn't make it right or acceptable. Anyone can be an ass especially behind a computer screen, but it takes a certain class to be genuinely caring and understanding with the fact that not everyone is cookie cutter and likes the same things.
The old saying still works, "Speaking will prove if you are truly intelligent"
There is another one too, "Open mouth and insert ass"

If you don’t like what we have to say you might as well leave because you’re not going to be able to convince us that looks good.

I am not trying to convince you of anything as I don't need to. My car speaks for itself and if you and a few others don't like and it irritates you this much, then I am delighted to no end :D
And your not going to convince me of anything either so you can stop trying and stop hijacking my thread.

As a fellow yellow Stanger I think yellow can look amazing with the right mods and done in clean way.

You are certainly welcome to your own opinion of what you feel is "done the right way" of course. Not everyone is going to agree with you or agree with me but we can all share what we have and what we have done and take away from that sharing what we want. Thats what forums are supposed to be all about :)

:SNSign: it's a great place!!

Really? If that is the case then maybe some of you should try a little harder is actually proving that with a little better attitude to other stang owners.
Like has been said, not everyone is going to like the same things. However, if this is a site that only likes and appreciates mostly stock or near stock Mustangs, then maybe change it to stockstangnet.com or something.

most of the guys on here are NOT into decals all over the place

Maybe some of you need to look at some of the more recent pics of my stang then since I don't have decals "all over the place".
Of course you all seem to like to get all hung up on decals so I guess it wouldn't really matter if I had one or twenty anyway.
The funny thing is, you all must hate Boss, Saleen, Roush, Shelby and other mustangs both vintage and late models then as they almost all have lots of stickers and decals that have all over them Mustang, Boss, Ford, Pony logos, etc, etc, etc.

and loud gaudy appearance mods that scream "look at me i'm different!!!"

Your car looks great. It's not necessarily for me. And many Mustang owners would see a car like yours as a platform to build from, like a blank canvas to then create something a bit different.
But yes, I guess I like the more "Hey look at me" for lack of a better term style, but again to each his own right?
Remember that what may be gaudy to one will be unique or wild to another.

remember different doesnt always mean good. you can mod your car to be unique without going over the top!

I guess that attitude makes me envision at a Mustang show hundreds of stangs all looking exactly the same row after row. Not necessarily a bad thing, but still...

a nice clean mono-tone car will attract a lot of attention. here is an example of a VERY nicely done car with tons of subtle visual improvements. notice how the car doesnt scream i wanna be different!!! it has great attention to details.

If thats your thing thats great. Like I said, your stang looks great. You have obviously put a lot into it and you are very proud of it. But you don't see me posting in a thread with pictures of your car saying it boring, too plain, needs more porsonality, etc. I can appreciate your car the way you want it and appreciate what you have done with it without shoving myself and my opinions in your face and down your throat.
My car has great attention to detail as well, probably more so than most of the more stock models because it has so many more details.
It's what I want and I am very pleased and happy with it. Obviously others are as well or I would not be in magazines and won the trophies and awards I have for the way it looks.
Like someone said in another thread, why can't we all just get along?

geezus dude waaaaay too much to read, i stopped reading after the frist 5 sentences...

Like i said i wasen't bashing your car just setting the record straight about the number of decals...

By the way you seem intelligent and you talk mature, but it seems like if you really didn't care what we thought you wouldn't spend all that time writing paragraph upon paragraph about why we are wrong and you are right and analyzing everything everyone says saying you really don't care what we think...which is really an oxymoron because if you truly liked your car and didn't care what we thought then you wouldn't bother responding in the first place

Yeah your right I should just ignore all the hate I know, but I am on my computer quite often working on videos and while they load sections I keep popping in to my thread to see what the next silly comment might be and like everyone else I can't help but hit reply :rolleyes: My bad :)
Note to self, don't feed the trolls

I could be wrong (No Offense to anyone either way this goes) but every time wyldpny makes a thread it seems someone mentions make a thread it seems we, me included. Jump down his throat because of all the decals and emblems on his car. And im going to stand by my thinking that it's outrageous and ridiculous... but that's just my opinion. Everyone on here states their opinions on the car. But sometimes you gotta think that when you constantly put photo after photo out on a place where you know it may not be the most accepted thing... You just have to be ready for the consequences of getting bashed... But hey like you said you dont care what anyone thinks or has to say about the car which is perfectly fine... but i just cant see the ball bashing ending anytime soon :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.