Pics of my 331 Trickflow build....

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

:nice:

BTW - the top two pictures of this last group shows the Ceramic Coated Summit Headers. :D For the price, they look pretty decent. We'll see how they install next week. The holes better line up!
emoticons_piatti0005.gif

God damn that looks hot :drool: I am very jealous of you right now.

But please oh please, before you go too far into it, use an xacto knife to remove the excess timing gasket material. Other than that it looks perfect. I love the black trick flow parts :hail2:

God damn that looks hot :drool: I am very jealous of you right now.

But please oh please, before you go too far into it, use an xacto knife to remove the excess timing gasket material. Other than that it looks perfect. I love the black trick flow parts :hail2:

Thanks... I hope it runs as good as it looks. :hail2:

LOL - it was trimmed when I picked it up. He was in a hurry to get me pics. :D

I won't be for a little while, and hopefully won't need to as often as I did in the past. Some day I hope to throw a blower on the car and call it good. We'll see. I had the engine builder tap the oil pan for a return line already. JUST in case. :rlaugh:

We'll see if the rear end holds up to some 17" ET Streets down the road as well. I'm picking those up tomorrow. :D

Man you have one sweet setup there. I was looking at a DSS 347 with AFR's maybe this coming up winter but I am buying a house so it will have to go on the back burner. I might just go an upper half with my blower and that will hold me over for awhile.

Great build up Paul! (there's too many paul's on here, luckily you mostly have different color cars)

Can't wait to see the finished results, I might be pm-ing you for questions in the near future....

Thanks guys,

You can ask away, I just may not be able to answer everything. I had someone else build the engine. I don't know that much about the internals.

I didn't go with a 347 for the sole reason. A buddy had a block, crank, and rods for a 331. That's what I bought, and that's the direction I headed. :D

If you notice in the pictures, there is a return line plumbed and plugged. Just waiting for a Vortech down the road. ;)

And yeah, I'm getting extremely excited. It's really tough walking past the engine.

Right now I'm cleaning the bay and painting the rest of my brackets. It sucks. LOL

I just received my chip from Don. Still waiting on the wideband. And trying to decide on some new motor mounts. My old ones don't look so good. The rubber just flakes apart.

Houston we have a problem. :fuss:

Summit Ceramic Coated Headers are going back. BBK's will be here Tues. :bang:

The drivers side, we have to drill out two holes AND the rear of the solid surface that mounts to the head is warped out AND the flange that the h-pipe bolts to, is bent in towards the engine. :nonono:

The passenger side... oh it's worse. 6 out of 8 holes need to be drilled out. Some up, some down, some left, and some right. They are ALL over the place. :bang:

I couldn't get a hold of my usual rep. at Summit. The only thing I get out of the upgrade is I got him to match last months price :rolleyes: $10 difference, and they are over-nighting them. Which is actually 2 days since it's Sunday. So now I wait to drop the engine in until Tues. :notnice:

Status
Not open for further replies.