pic's of my new allen supercharger

• Sponsors (?)

You get quite abit more than a pulley for the money fellas. I am pretty sure the 9psi kit includes the pulley, a custom burnt Superchip, and an 80mm MAF(not C&L, the brand slips me). They reccomend 30# injectors and an adjustable FPR which I already had. In fact I already had everything accept the chip and the pulley so it costs me less than $400 to my door.

You won't find a better engineered complete kit for a pre99, although maybe not as powerful as KB. As mentioned, the heads hurt. It is intercooled which helps alot. Very much worth $3500.

Mine whine/whistles anytime you get the vac down to near 0lbs. Anything close to boost and its talkin to ya, and I have been told by friends that on a quiet night you can hear it over the tire sqeelin across my small town of 8000pop.

Maybe its not a KB, but as you have heard so many times, its all about the driver, traction and suspension when you get this high in horsepower. My last time at the track I ran the 13.07 in my sig, and a new blown Cobra ran 13.16.

Just like your Johnson...its not how much you got...its if you know how to use it. :D

Congrats on your blower, and I wish you alot of fun with it. Please get back with dyno info and if you take it to the track also.

prsrizdgt said:
You won't find a better engineered complete kit for a pre99, although maybe not as powerful as KB. As mentioned, the heads hurt. It is intercooled which helps alot. Very much worth $3500.
Bang on prsrizdgt. I'm glad someone said it. It's funny how half of the haters on here automatically dismiss it because it's not a KB. No, it's not, but you'll never find a better engineered, more complete kit, with unmatched customer service (these guys will bend over backwards for you) than you would with AED. Regardless of what many may think of the Eaton, this kit is a very high quality set up. This Eaton has been "S" ported for efficiency so it's really not as bad as many may think. It's stone reliable and well worth the price of admission. Yeah the KB is a more powerful set up, but it's also a more expensive set up too and I've heard mixed results about their service.

Don't worry n.j.gt, the Allen Kit is a good choice no matter how you go about it. You should like it a lot.

Here's a couple more installs to compare it to.....

Scroll down to "Some of my projects"
http://home.att.net/~jroal/

prsrizdgt said:
(coming feburary)
2004 Heads & Intake
Forged pistons, etc. (spray on way)
Comp Xtreme Eng. Cams (un decided)
4.10 Gears

BLK_ROUSH said:
Getting rid of the Allen unit? :shrug:
Yeah, I was wondering the same. You do realize that there is no need for the upper intake if you've got the Allen, right? Not to mention that the Unit for your '98 doesn't match up to the ports on the Later PI heads without some extensive porting. And finally I see that you're planning to install forged slugs. If so, I’d go with something with at least an 18cc dish to go with the PI heads, otherwise the compression ratio (around 10.4:1) will be way to high for the blower. Even if the pistons are forged.

If in fact you are getting rid of the 9psi Allen, drop me a PM! I’m looking for one for my Cougar and I’d be willing to pay you a fair price for it.

Congrats on the new mod. I can tell you first hand that this is a quality unit with an excellent company. I have had mine for over 50,000 (almost) daily driven miles on my '96 GT. It has never given me a minutes problem. Enjoy it!

Allen S/C

There was a guy here locally in FL - TAMPA selling me one (Allen charger). I didn't know much about it, did research on the net, and they seem to be pretty good. Most peeps are talking good things... I didn't buy it because I like turbines, I don't like centrifugal boost. Other than that, awesome car man, clean setup on the charger, nice engine bay. All around + :nice:

Blue01GT said:
I didn't buy it because I like turbines, I don't like centrifugal boost.

The Allen setup is a positive displacement (roots) blower, not a centrifugel.

BTW, is the M90 they use the same exact blower from the GTP? Do they port it out or do anything special to it, or is it just a plain-jane M90?

Blue01GT said:
... I didn't buy it because I like turbines, I don't like centrifugal boost.
Ya lost me on that one. I'd thing that by turbine, you'de be comparing it to a centrifugal style blowers (Paxton, Vortech, ATI, etc)....unless you're into addapting jet engines under the hood of your Mustang :D . Otherwise the AED (Allen) kit is actually a positive displacement set up, not centrifugal. Much like the Kenne Bell, Saleen, Roush, etc)

Craig Mack said:
BTW, is the M90 they use the same exact blower from the GTP? Do they port it out or do anything special to it, or is it just a plain-jane M90?
It's the same as that used on the GTP in the sense that it's a 3rd generation Eaton. But that's where the similarities end. The snout on the AED is considerablly different to mate with the Mustang braketry and yes, the M-90S used with the Allen kit is "S" ported compared to a standard M-90. This meaning that the inner contours of the ports are rounded off and re-sculptured for better flow and efficiency.

Gearbanger 101 said:
Bang on prsrizdgt. I'm glad someone said it. It's funny how half of the haters on here automatically dismiss it because it's not a KB. No, it's not, but you'll never find a better engineered, more complete kit, with unmatched customer service (these guys will bend over backwards for you) than you would with AED. Regardless of what many may think of the Eaton, this kit is a very high quality set up. This Eaton has been "S" ported for efficiency so it's really not as bad as many may think. It's stone reliable and well worth the price of admission. Yeah the KB is a more powerful set up, but it's also a more expensive set up too and I've heard mixed results about their service.

Don't worry n.j.gt, the Allen Kit is a good choice no matter how you go about it. You should like it a lot.

Here's a couple more installs to compare it to.....

Scroll down to "Some of my projects"
http://home.att.net/~jroal/

Hey GearBanger....glad to see someone else promoting Jim Roal.....my car is the 3rd Allen install on his website. The white Mustang. It has changed some since then and I hope to put up new pics soon. Jim is awesome. I have always done my own work because I have never found anyone to take care with my stuff like I would. I did't want to tackle the blower install so I contacted Jim after running across his site. THE BEST $500 I EVER SPENT WAS HAVING HIM DO IT. The guy is meticoulous. He even provided a CD with complete pics of the actual install, and kept in daily e-mail contact so we could discuss issues that arose and how I might want to address them. Even now 3 years later we e-mail often to talk about changes I may want to make. I am installing cams this winter, and going back up to his place for a complete dyno tune. He has met a guy that is a tuning engineer with Ford and has all the equipment to hook you up.

Your right about the customer service too. Scott was very helpful when I went to the 9psi pulley and receptive to programming my chip, although probably more conservative than I wanted....we will fix that during the dyno tune.

The Allen was everything Jim said it would be. I feel it has been a totally OEM type of installation. I know I will be running close to 12.80's with stock junk heads after the cams and LCA's and that's pretty damn good I think.

:rlaugh: Oh yea, I almost forgot why I even replied to this thread........NO I'M NOT GETTING RID OF THE ALLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I was qouting another post that had all those plans to buy stuff in Feb. That is what I do when I get my income tax refund. Stuff is expensive and the little woman don't like it when you spend grocery money on the stang. You gotta pick your opportunities. :D