Pics of painted Interior

• Sponsors (?)

stang2841 said:
it might seem like a constant flame war but its also the biggest Forum on the southeast of US

theres alot of good stuff going through there, I got alot of good deals on parts and you'll meet alot of ppl from our area.. Personally I love TR.

I saw the TBmustangs site, I hope it makes it, but as of now its kinda boring..
WARNING RANT PROCESS BEGINNING​

Yeah I've gone through their classfieds a few times and saw some nice stuff in there. As far as the people, alot of our fox body members came from TR and we still have some coming over now, so that's cool.

Either way to me it seems the original idea of Tampa Racing from great, the people who started it really had a good thing going, but naturally whenever racing is the predominate theme, the s**t talking starts flying and flame wars follow. This isn't to say Tampa Racing doesn't have it's good points, cuz it does, it's just not for me.

As for our site being boring, you have to remember bro we're a free club. To actually be a member the only thing you have to buy is the member card and window stickers, and you can buy that in a package with T-shirts for like...30 bucks. We are charge that one time fee, so we pay for all the hosting and stuff out of pocket. Second this club was just started in March and just recently hit it's "growth spurt" around October, as the club gets bigger things will become more interesting and we'll have more stuff to put up on the site.

Also just like Tampa Racing, all the good stuff right now is in the forums. That's where we exchange all our information. We have about 40 active members and I've become good friends with many of them.

Next off, the guy who runs the site, David, has work and a social life just like the rest of us. He makes a lot of sacrifice for the club and we're really lucky to have a guy who will spend 4 hours on the computer plugging away at codes and such so we can have forums that don't have glitches and such. He works really hard on the site and we have already discussed getting more content up.

Anyways not meaning to spout off at you here, I know you weren't trying to be mean. I just want you to see why the site is the way it is right now. Give it time bro and very soon, you'll see a very special site :nice:

I've heard only bad things about painting interiors... even with the paint you're supposed to use. I can't think of a good interior paint color, anway... I have that tan/black color combination... all I could do to make it look better is add more tan? haha

Id like to have mine done like this guy's SA-15. Its done in a CF-look somethingorother and i think its tits.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this look?

saleenint.JPG

saleenint1.JPG

Attachments

• saleenint.JPG
    saleenint.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 60
  • saleenint1.JPG
    saleenint1.JPG
    283.5 KB · Views: 47
i still dont understand how a chrome shifter handle is rice :shrug:

I have a B&M shifter with the chrome handle. does that make it rice?

I have chrome under my hood. does that make it rice?

the 03 Cobra have painted door pannels from the factory. does that make it rice?

personally Rice is crazy high spoilers and annoying sounding exhaust systems.

anyways, back on the "REAL" topic....

I like the look of painted interiors. hopefully 94GTLaserRC chimes in and posts his pictures. looks really good i think.

yeh, that site is a good quality site... put together right.

I want it to grow, believe me...

they had a meet at a wendys less then a half mile away from my house, pissed off I missed it.

whats your name on Tbmustangs?

I'm not here to start a flamewar, I just think that painting interiors is ricey, and that guys car is the definition of rice.

but hey to each his own, I'm done with the thread... I guess its the cool thing for 94/95's to paint interiors

stang2841 said:
Rice A rific

My thoughts exactly...

The red car with painted black interior... the "Mustang" on the dash in red looks pretty good, but the steering wheel horse is a little much, in my opinion. Possibly an outlined running pony would look better than a solid red one?

The chrome shifter knob, I think is tacky.. billet is much cleaner.

And to fox owners not being allowed in here... that is a joke! Why don't we dissown Michael Yount from the forums, one of the most knowledgeable members around, because he drives a volvo?

stang2841 said:
.....I'm not here to start a flamewar, I just think that painting interiors is ricey....
To each his own here, but please stop using the term rice for this. If you think its ugly that's fine with me, but that doesn't mean it's rice. If it is, then let's all call Oink's, RC's, Onebad95's, etc, cars rice.:notnice:

stang2841 said:
...and that guys car is the definition of rice....

No, this is the definition of rice
111.jpg

You might think Jinx's ride is ugly, but it's far from being rice. I for one, am glad to see something different. I understand some you guys are all-go no-show, and there's nothing wrong with that, but you don't need to make fun of the show-and-go cars. Unless they actually are ricers(huge wings, ugly body kits, etc). :D

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 50
Mavrick said:
...The red car with painted black interior... the "Mustang" on the dash in red looks pretty good, but the steering wheel horse is a little much, in my opinion. Possibly an outlined running pony would look better than a solid red one?...

First, my interior is not "painted" black, that is the way it came from the factory. I did dye the airbag covers black because someone had painted them with regular spray paint and they were peeling.

As for the pony on the steering wheel, I thought it might be too much, but I took a chance and painted it anyways. I think it looks OK, not great, but having it outlined in red would probably look pretty cool. Wish I would have thought of that before painting it :bang:.

i know UPR sells dash kits. i had a red carbon fiber kit on my last car.

513472_14_full.jpg

513472_8_full.jpg

low-5.0, is your dash green? it looks like it has a hint of green in it. not the center bezel, i mean the whole dash pad.

Prokiller, thats just a reflection from the trees you can see in the second pic. I did use purple/green chrome illusion paint on some interior pieces, but that will be changed probably around spring time.

Just so you all know My shifter handle is billet NOT chrome

attachment.php

SEE UP TOP THERE!!!

As for the color issue i guess that means everyone in here that dosen't have a stock color is rice and gay?

Thanks to the ones that like it the rest of ya's can kiss my white ass. I've come to find out most guys hate the color and want to talk **** but girls love is so i'm happy with it. If it gets their attention then i don't mind at all

Low-5.0 thanks for the pics did you use regular car paint for that and how did you prep it? Any paint problems after you did it

I though this site was to help each other out and to meet friends and talk about each others cars. Not bash peoples rides and talk **** on each other. Guess I was wrong :shrug: . Some of you guys are just like the little ricer ***s wanna talk crap all the time whats the deal you say your better then them but you do the same **** that don't make you better that makes you worse

Some of you guys are just like the little ricer ***s wanna talk crap all the time whats the deal you say your better then them but you do the same **** that don't make you better that makes you worse

^

dude your relatively stock, and you got a screaming limegreen on your car, with painted interior pieces ... come on

as said b4 but this time I MEAN it, I'm done with this thread

they way your yelling isnt exactly Mature, and not so ricey

Jesus Christ you guys need to calm the hell down.

Worry about your own goldamned cars... christ...

ANYWAY. That CF look kit that the have on ebay is a stick on applique. Its not what the Saleen has on it... you can see that it is the whole piece thats done, not just a stick on piece thats on the high parts. IMO the Ebay stick on kit looks like garbage.

I want the whole thing covered.

Ideas????

Low-5.0 said:
First, my interior is not "painted" black, that is the way it came from the factory. I did dye the airbag covers black because someone had painted them with regular spray paint and they were peeling.

As for the pony on the steering wheel, I thought it might be too much, but I took a chance and painted it anyways. I think it looks OK, not great, but having it outlined in red would probably look pretty cool. Wish I would have thought of that before painting it :bang:.

My bad, i just got caught up in the "painting interior" hype and assumed it was all dyed black..

Maybe you'll get bored one day and strip/paint your air bag over again :p

And to the lime green car guy.. you need to learn how to take criticism in, without letting it get the best of you. If you don't care, why not just laugh at people making fun of your car, reather than having a fit? Reading threads like this, almost makes me call for popcorn halfway through!

Cudos to you being different, but i still think its ugly :p

Be a sport about it, we all have opinions, just suck it up!

leather for seats?

My car came from the factory with white leather seats..
they were breaking down, so i had my father re-upholster them a few years ago, in black tweed. I plan on getting racing seats, and would never have leather to begin with.. Doesnt last worth a crap, and gets too sticky, and slippery.. IMO

OinkAodeOink said:
leather for what?

My car came from the factory with white leather seats and a white top, white interior..

seats were breaking down, so i had my father reuholster them a few years ago, in black tweed.

Yeah that's how mine came also...
my seats are still holding up, for the most part, but it wouldn't hurt to get them redone.
my top on the otherhand... yeah that thing needs to be replaced...
$1400 later
:nonono: