Pics of painted Interior

• Sponsors (?)

Yea, i made the gauge bezel deal from my stock piece.. Removed the a/c vents, and molded in plastic, then used bondo to fill and smooth everything out.. Painted vibrant red, and cleared.

BTW, the empty middle slot has a purpose, lol, It'll house my WB02 display when i get one.. Somthing ive been putting off for a while now.

radiobezel3.jpg

radiobezel4.jpg

View attachment 519207

EDIT: Just PS'ed the bezel in silver, and WOW.. Looks like il be pulling it back out, to repaint it silver!

View attachment 519208

Attachments

• radiobezel3.jpg
    radiobezel3.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 40
  • radiobezel4.jpg
    radiobezel4.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 43
LOL Just for stupidity i'll post this i was gonna ask "Oink don't they get hot when you use your heater" then I remembered where you lived

mean: thats cool never seen anyone accent their console like that before go any pics of the whole inside to see how it looks

Hmmm.... here's my "ricer" interior. A sea of black just didn't do it for me. I mean, my car IMO is anything from plain and drab, so why should my interior be? I get TONS of compliments on my interior. BTW- I've had mine done since '98 which was a good bit before the whole "ricer" thing came around. :spot:

paulsinterior3.jpg

FastGT94, I didnt have to make any molds or anything fancy..

I just found some scrap plastic i had laying in the garage.. Cut it out to the retangular size that would fit in the old a/c gauge area... and slowly began to cut, grind and fit... Then took a heat gun and heated the plastic up, so it would become somewhat pliable.. I then took my fingers and pressed in recessed areas, to get the basic form.. I burned my fingers a few times trying to mold the hot plastic into just the right shape. Then i used some high strenght epoxy, and gobbed it on the backside, to hold the panel in place.

AFter that, i sanded and filled in almost the whole thing in bondo.. Then took the dremel and ground the edges round, and began to form the outlines,ect..

Then i cut out the two gauge holes with a hole saw attatched to a drill. I then dremel'd out the gauge holes oblong, so the gauge would sit in the hole with a recessed aperence. After hours and hours of messing with this thing, it took form and i sprayed down a high build primer to help fill in.. Then sanded and spray the base color(red) then let it dry, retaped for the silver, let that dry, and then sprayed that all with clear coat.
While the black areas were masked, they did not get shot in clear.. So after the clear and painted areas dried good, i pulled off the tape, and taped up the painted area, and shot the black sections with semi flat black spray paint.

As for the delete plate below the gauge bezel.. Thats just a piece of thin plastic cut out to the shape, and covered in black vynil, then epoxied to the backside.

BTW, i could have easly just bought a gauge plate from Florida 5.0 or such, but i enjoy fabrication, and making things... ya know, spending hours and hours on somthing so minuscule.
Thats about it, lol..

golfpro if you hadn't noticed we went through this already so if you are gonna talk crap don't bother posting I didn't ask for opnions so keep them to yourself!

Paul: very nice! how comes you didn't do the horse on the wheel i think it needs some yellow too.

I painted my first coat on the horse and mustang needs a few hits to get rid of the brush marks nothing is as easy as i think it will be. Looks like its gonna turn out sweet even though it looks like crap right now. Hopfully i can hit it a few times tomorrow and be done with it. As soon as its done i'll post up some pics
(guess i better get myself ready for more bashing beings everybody wants to be *******s now days)

I just "flicked" it off with the tip of a razor blade. It was EASY. I have re-done the "mustang" on the pass. side air bag since the pic was taken as it was a little flaked off in the pic above. All the other parts NEVER chipped or flaked.