Pics of spec stage 2 and 3 clutch? anyone have them?

DemonGT

Founding Member
May 24, 2002
Sparta,WI
wondering if anyone has a pic of a spec stage 2 and a stage 3 clutch...i ordered a stage 3 but now after driving the car im thinken i got a stage 2...

just seems like i can slip the clutch when taken off from a dead stop way to much...seems way to easy to drive..

• Sponsors (?)

in lookin at their site, the stage two appears to be a normal disk (round) but with kevlar. the stage 3 is a 3 piece disk (not round but like a cross).

that should make it real easy to know.
did yours get broken in decently? i would think it should not slip at all.

oh, i think Stangbear said he thought that Stage one through two or three used the same PP, if that matters.

good luck.

no i replaced the stock clutch/tranny with a stage 3 spec and TKO...but i hear all this stuff bout the stage three that it chatters and is real ON/OFF and mine dosnt make any noise and i can slip it pretty easy on take off

my clutch disc wasnt round...
multi.gif

in this pic..in the middle is a dark colored clutch disc..mine looked similar to that

sorry i dont know more. i just went to Spec's site and looked at pics of the different stages when i responded before. the non circular disk looks like it should be the one. the one on their site looked like this: +

i dont know what to tell ya.

DemonGT said:
my clutch disc wasnt round...
multi.gif

I have the stage 3, the disc looks like that in the middle but the pressure plate was a standard type. The 1, 2, and 3 have the same pressure plate but different disc. Did you break yours in properly. I noticed it grabbed too hard durring break in but now is more conventional. It still grabbs real hard, I can bark tires like a built auto if I don't match RPM's.

Was it a 4 puck or 6 puck Stage 3? The 6 puck will not chatter as much since there is not as great of a distance between pads.

The 6 puck is the more streetable Stage 3 and I think if you don't specify what which one you want you get that. What disc material did you ask for?

Break it in (be nice to it!) and the clutch should work for you great, mine works beautifully, best clutch I've ever had IMO and I know a buddy that has one in his 500 hp turbo 331 motor and it holds up great, so I know it holds the power.

I had a stage 1, now I have a 2/3 hybrid.
I started with a stage 3, but when I got my GForce, I switched to a 2/3 hybrid disc.
But my stage 3 pressure plate was much heavier and tougher than the stage 1. I don't have a picture for you though.