Pics?

dmoody

Founding Member
Nov 4, 2002
Winston-Salem, NC
Anybody have more pics/information about the car below? I got this one pic from somewhere but I don't have anymore of the car. I was really interested in the hoodscoop setup and how it looked with the hood closed?

Thanks,
d

• Sponsors (?)

Dave's shaker is flat in the front and most notorious for its use on the 69-70 Mustangs. This shaker, with the split in the front, was used primarily on the Torino and is much rarer. I've got lots of pics of Dave's car (which I really admire) but I'm interested to see if this shaker blends better with the frontend dynamics of the II.

d

Hey,didn't we have a pic of a car with a torino scoop on it a few months ago in our section?I think it was a thread about hood scoops,but right now i don't have research time.

I happened by and have a basic shot of my Cobra with the hood down. Hope this gives you enough of an idea. Not a real close shot. There are some more images on the MustangII.org site.

If you want to try is let me know, probably should email me at [email protected] since I don't stop by regularly.

Dave

Attachments

• full shot of my II.jpg
    full shot of my II.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 424
Took a while to find these. CDs are good for archiving, Can be a PITA to find something.

COBRA1.JPG

79F.JPG

96F.JPG

97F.JPG

98F.JPG

I have a side shot of the hood but I think you lowered the Shaker since then.

Damn, those are nice shots, got to download them.

At that time I was using a Weiand Stealth and have since dropped to an Edlbrock Performer to lower the unit. Performer also gives me a tad more torque to match the streetwise cam.

I also dumped the air cleaner which I had modified to center the shaker. I went back to a stock air cleaner base and modified the intermediate plate to center the scoop instead. Much cleaner install and better air flow, not that I need a whole lot more with dual snorkel inlets.

Dave

I stumbled across this photo which shows the scoop in better relation to the hood. The hardest part is getting the right combination of parts to get the scoop at the right level....too high and the rubber gasket looks stressed and eventually tears. I'm not sure you can get it too low unless you do some major modifications to the air cleaner base and or intermediate plate.

http://www.geocities.com/cobra_2_76/cobraIIGT.jpg

Nice!

It is cars like this that when looking at makes my day soooo much better. Coming from a ll lover like myself, I cannot come up with a word to decribe how awsome that is. Very well done. High five bud.