picture request.. Cut springs

• Sponsors (?)

I cut 1/2 a coil of Fox V8 springs for my current project and it wasn't enough. It's a tad high, so I would cut a full coil. The back springs are stock 2000 V6 coupe springs. It's a tad high in the back as well.

BTW....the ride quality is unchanged from stock. It rides great.

this is a half coil cut?? wow. my car sits lower than that with stock springs. good looking ride btw.

DSC02743.jpg

this is a half coil cut?? wow. my car sits lower than that with stock springs. good looking ride btw.

DSC02743.jpg

Yes. It's actually about 1/4" to 1/2" lower now. The car wasn't aligned in this pic and the camber was way out. The wheel was tipped outward pretty far if you stare hard enough, you'll see it. Plus, I've got more miles on it, so it's settled. Nothing is bound up either. I tightened all the LCA bolts with this cars suspension loaded, not hanging.

BTW...there is an all aluminum 4V motor in there too....if that is any lighter than an iron 302.

I've got uncut Mach 1 springs, and my car sits lower than that.

Next time i take them out, i plan on trimming 1/4 coil off the fronts just to go a tad bit lower.

I've got uncut Mach 1 springs, and my car sits lower than that.

Next time i take them out, i plan on trimming 1/4 coil off the fronts just to go a tad bit lower.

Damn...looks like I got screwed somehow. Oh well, I've had my fair share of lowered stangs, I'm old now, so what I have will do... LOL