Electrical Pin 46 Voltage

Bryant Magana

Feb 25, 2018
I have voltage to pin 46, can’t pull codes. Ecm unplugged and shows voltage to pin46 on the harness side. I have an Auto Ecu with an Auto 02 Harness. Unplugged 02 harness , tranny harness, clutch switch & NSS and still shows voltage using a test light. I unplugged all the sensors that pin 46 lead to (tps,egr,act,ect, & map) and still shows voltage. Only way I was able to get rid of the voltage was by unhooking the black 10 pin connecter. unplugging the white 10 pin had no effect to voltage on pin 46. All tests were with key to crank position & clutch or no clutch in had no affect. can the black 10 pin be shorting my pin 46 somehow ? anyone have any input let me know. Its an 89 Notchback

• Sponsors (?)

I have voltage to pin 46, can’t pull codes. Ecm unplugged and shows voltage to pin46 on the harness side. I have an Auto Ecu with an Auto 02 Harness. Unplugged 02 harness , tranny harness, clutch switch & NSS and still shows voltage using a test light. I unplugged all the sensors that pin 46 lead to (tps,egr,act,ect, & map) and still shows voltage. Only way I was able to get rid of the voltage was by unhooking the black 10 pin connecter. unplugging the white 10 pin had no effect to voltage on pin 46. All tests were with key to crank position & clutch or no clutch in had no affect. can the black 10 pin be shorting my pin 46 somehow ? anyone have any input let me know. Its an 89 Notchback
I think i meant Neutral saftey switch

Black 10-pin connector is c190 in the attached wiring diagram. You can see here that the connector feeds the 8 fuel injectors, the Throttle air bypass and the common return to pin 57.

IMG_6557.JPG

IMG_6558.JPG

None of the wiring actually has anything to do with pin 46 which is strange.

IMG_6556.GIF

I'd probably disconnect some or all of the injectors and IAC and further try to isolate the issues.

Last edited: