Fuel Pink Injector Going Out

Master baiter

Dec 26, 2014
texas
I've got a injector going bad so I was going just replace them all with a kit. Seams like no one can give a straight answer on what pound the pink ones are and all the popular aftermarket kits are 19 or 24. I don't want to have to change the tune or anything so I want the right size injectors. My damn car is in limp mode and I need to fix it asap.

• Sponsors (?)

Also consider an injector cleaning/flow test service such as injectorrx.com. Once cleaned and tested they are as good as new. Cheaper than new.

If there are any injectors that can't be repaired to new standards, they will tell you.

Have all (8) cleaned and tested.

19's are Orange. Pinks are 21's.

Holy crap....here we go again! Can you please provide me data/proof, other than a forum, or someone's write up that they are actually 21# injectors?

Facts: They may have different part numbers, they may have different colors.....but, their spray patterns, cone angles, it is all the same.

This is where I believe people are mistaken on these injectors. While identical, the Orange injectors are listed by Ford with a flow rate tested at 40 psi. Ford never released data on the pink injectors, it was only taken from Bosch, who made the inejctors. Bosch will either test injectors at 3-bar, 43.5 psi, or 4-bar 58 psi. The other difference is that Bosch usually tests with Heptane. Heptane has a lower specific gravity than Gasoline. So that when you flow gasoline instead of heptane, it will increase the flow rate numbers (very slightly). Now, the Pink injectors were something like 20.1 lb/hr of heptane at 43.5 psi, or about 20.8 lb/hr of gasoline. Oh, see, they are 21 lb/hr injectors! Not so fast, remember that Ford rated their orange injectors at 40psi. Doing simple math, we would see that at 40 psi, gasoline would flow at a rate of 19.1 lb/hr. Nope, not 21 lb/hr.

Ford tech told me they are 21. 19 pds support roughly 230 hp at 80% duty and this is why the "p.i" 4.6 have the pink injectors rather then the orange. But anyway turned out to be bad accel coil and injector code was from comp shutting it off in limp mode.

Um, are you using the picture that this Paladin put up as your reference? All I can say is LOL.

I asked for proof that is not something that some yahoo wrote an put up.

But, I'll play your game anyway. I will make this even more basic.....

1) Bosch Pink top injectors were NEVER rated at Ford's pressure standards. That is 40 psi. Bosch tests with lower specific gravity heptane for testing.

2) The Orange Ford injectors, made by Bosch, were NEVER tested at Bosch or Chevrolet's standard pressures of 3-bar (43.5 psi) and 4-bar (58 psi). Ford also tests with gasoline, not heptane like Bosch.

What does that mean? It means that unless you convert them to equal pressures and equal specific gravityies, YOU CANNOT COMPARE THEM! So, lets put them at the same pressure and gravity. I did that, and you did not accept it. I put them at the Ford rating of 40 psi, showing that the Pink injectors still flow 19 lb/hr at 40 psi. Now, to make you happy, I will say this. The Pink top injectors flow 21 lb/hr at 43.5 psi of Heptane. If you increase the pressure on the 19 lb/hr injectors and switch them to Heptane, I bet you can't guess what they are going to flow? Nope, 21 lb/hr. That is really irrelevant anyway since Ford uses 40 psi anyway.

Attachments

• 260@40.jpg
    [email protected]
    7.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 260@40.jpg
    [email protected]
    98.7 KB · Views: 224
  • 260@43.jpg
    [email protected]
    99.2 KB · Views: 199
Call ford, Give them the part number on the pink injector, see what they tell you. If they say it's a 21lb injector, then i'm going to call it a 21lb injector. Agree to disagree. I understand that it doesn't FLOW 21lbs because of the pressure difference but it doesn't alter the fact that it is rated 21lbs @43.5psi. When you call a parts store and need a 24lb injector, do you say, "i need a 24lb injector but it's on a ford that only uses 40psi fuel pressure so I really need a 21lb injector? No. I am just calling it by how it's sold. I am sorry to have made you mad about this.

You have not made me mad, this is something that I know a LOT about. I am not going to disagree that the Pink injectors are "labeled" as 21 lb/hr injectors. I am saying that you CANNOT COMPARE THEM without balancing the pressure one way or another. When you do, you realize that they are EXACTLY the same.

The bottom line.... YES, the Pink injectors are LABELED as 21 lb/hr injectors, and Orange injectors are LABELED as 19 lb/hr. But for use on a Ford Mustang GT, when they are installed, they perform EXACTLY the same. They flow the same, support the same amount of power.

Who cares my car came with pink and they are labeled to be 21 so that's what will go back in it. Don't care if they flow 19 pds or 21 just gonna get what it calls for. Only reason I asked is cause ford racing has a 19 and 24 pds aftermarket set and being as one stock injector was 90 bucks and a whole set for 199 from ford racing I wanted to order the correct size as to not throw off my maf cause I don't have a programmer.