PINKS idea!

im in. c0unt me in f0r m0ney. and my buddy has a 84 0r 85 lx that he wants t0 get rid 0f. the car is c0mpletely stripped 0ut and is 0n jackstands but it c0uld be a very g00d start. i think he 0nly wants $100 0r s0 f0r it. if this thing gets g0ing i can talk t0 my b0ss and see if he wants t0 d0nate. hes a huge drag racer and 0wns a c0ttman transmissi0n and i kn0w he has s0me m0ney

haha, i was just thinking i bet thumper460, tm0ss, and rick91gt are g0nna be n0 where t0 be f0und because th0se are the three pe0ple that c0me t0 mind when i think ab0ut s0me0ne building a car. they are pr0bably h0ping n0 0ne asks them. but im sure rick w0uld build the m0t0r in his spare time if we put the m0ney in f0r the parts

• Sponsors (?)

bynummustang said:
If someone asks me for a donation I'll donate.

Turbomustangs tried this not too long ago, but never got off the ground

You see, its a *great* idea... and I would even be willing to donate a few bucks and parts (Have a family owned JY)...

HOWEVER, I don't see it happening. Just like turbomustangs... its a very very large project and fairly difficult to accomplish.

...Well what if we did like Stangnet, SVTPerformance, Turbomustangs, and Corral vs whatever 3rd gen camaro sites there are? This way there would be MUCH MUCH more people on both sides and a greater chance of finding somone to do the dirty work. :shrug:

Alright I will be the first to say this I have a roller, the whole back half is welded solid, 8 point cage 85 hatch. The car is more or less a complete rolling chassis. We are trying to sell it and if the idea got off the ground I would sell it discounted to the cause. This car is absolutely perfect for this... cheap car that was set up to race. Car had a 352 stroker, tremec, and built rear in it before it was moved to another car... Car also has fresh paint and looks really nice!

I wouldnt even mind building the car with a few other people, but dont think there are enough CT people to do it, and I am also a full time college student who wouldnt be near the car during school time.

I think I will make a post on the other sites (I dont know if Im on TurboMustangs) and see if there is an interest on each site. Maybe get some more people, and see what can be done...

Can the moderators send mass Private Messages to people? if so maybe send one and see if there is a lot of people who would donate.

well it just so happens a have a few friends who love pinks and one of them is big into the drag scene and owns his own shop and my other good friend works at a mustang shop and the owner is cool as hell im going to make a few phone calls. ill donate when sombody contacts me.

I have a flat tappet 302 block allready bored 30 up for grabs if need be.

I think if there was a real shop, certified that it was going to build this car, it would make a huge difference. If someone said they were going to build it, with or without donations, but donations would take seconds of the ET, then I think that would also make it grow.

That last "Pinks" idea was "KissStang" with his pathetic V6 SN-95 wanting to race vette on Pinks, wanting us to get him a V8 swap and all. :notnice: Bad enought he got the car for free because he stood the longest with his lips on the car, then it was pretty obvious he was just trying to get more for free. :notnice: I'm glad he doesn't post here anymore, I couldn't stand him. I would probally murder him if I met him.

90mustangGT said:
I think if there was a real shop, certified that it was going to build this car, it would make a huge difference. If someone said they were going to build it, with or without donations, but donations would take seconds of the ET, then I think that would also make it grow.

That last "Pinks" idea was "KissStang" with his pathetic V6 SN-95 wanting to race vette on Pinks, wanting us to get him a V8 swap and all. :notnice: Bad enought he got the car for free because he stood the longest with his lips on the car, then it was pretty obvious he was just trying to get more for free. :notnice: I'm glad he doesn't post here anymore, I couldn't stand him. I would probally murder him if I met him.

lmfao i remember that but before that there was another genuine idea for a pinks car too..i dont remember who though :shrug:

lol.. wheres rick91 when we can use him.. basically your best bet is going with a 351 setup.. see if thumper is up for some major porting...also go with a carb. u can def get a low 10 high 9 with a 351 and nitrous.. im in for 10 is anyone needs it