Pinto and Mustang II

• Sponsors (?)

The front suspension parts look the same as the MII but some of the Pintos had a different style strut rod. Some Pinto and Bobcat gas tanks look like they would also fit. The 8" rear axle assembly is the same.

I'm looking for an 8" rear center from a Pinto/Bobcat wagon. Hoping I get lucky and can find a trac loc.

Eos said:
NO! Theres no connection! "runs out crying"

There is no shame in IIs being a relative to the Pinto. There's a lot worse things to be related to. Japanese imports, for instance.
One of these days, I'm going to build a seriously quick turbo 2.3L Pinto. An ugly-ass-brown Pinto wagon with rusty quarters and moon hubcaps. (With about 400hp)
The humiliation amongst the import crowd will be legendary when my "stock" ugly little pinto wagon chews up all their junk.

Blue Thunder said:
There is no shame in IIs being a relative to the Pinto. There's a lot worse things to be related to.

AAAAAAAMMEN BLUE!!!! i HAVE a 79 bobcat, and honestly its a really fun car. With the exception of the Exploding problem :rolleyes: I have hadthe best memories with that thing (except the christening of the MII way back when. :D )

Really, where is the shame in being a cousin of a Pinto?? I mean, it couldve been related to a Yugo for Hell sakes!! :shrug:

$.02 lighter now, Thank you.

JonDawg said:
AAAAAAAMMEN BLUE!!!! i HAVE a 79 bobcat, and honestly its a really fun car. With the exception of the Exploding problem :rolleyes: I have hadthe best memories with that thing (except the christening of the MII way back when. :D )

Really, where is the shame in being a cousin of a Pinto?? I mean, it couldve been related to a Yugo for Hell sakes!! :shrug:

$.02 lighter now, Thank you.
Why don't you ask all of the haterz? :rolleyes:

Blue Thunder said:
There is no shame in IIs being a relative to the Pinto. There's a lot worse things to be related to. Japanese imports, for instance.
One of these days, I'm going to build a seriously quick turbo 2.3L Pinto. An ugly-ass-brown Pinto wagon with rusty quarters and moon hubcaps. (With about 400hp)
The humiliation amongst the import crowd will be legendary when my "stock" ugly little pinto wagon chews up all their junk.
Here you go. Not an ugly wagon, but a beautiful (Coupe)? I'm not sure what they call the Pinto's. But I love em'. I have always liked the look of Pinto's.
http://pintoperformance.tripod.com/v8pintos/id3.html

JonDawg said:

It is worse ...

FoxStangs are based on the Zephyr.

Saying Zephyr with a lisp tends to piss them off royally.

1badII said:
What's a Zephyr?

zep.jpg

Zpas.jpg

Zfrt.jpg

Same as a Fairmont.

Attachments

• zep.jpg
    zep.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 194
Most cars are usually based off others. This is true for Mustangs of all years.

First Gens were built on the Falcon platform
MIIs were on the Pinto platform
Foxes were built off the Fairmont platform
SN95 was a modifed Fox so it also reverts back to Fairmont platform
The 05 Mustang is built on the Linclon LS/T-bird/S-type platform

The kicker with the II, is that most people have it backwards. It was a Pinto based design, but the chassis and suspension was totally redesigned in 74 for the Mustang II. The Pinto then shared that new setup. The previous year Pintos are not similar to the MII.

I really think that the Pinto referance came from the base model, steel wheel, no spoilers fastback II. This version of the II just looks WAY too much like a Pinto.