Piston Rings 4.6

Drich35

Dec 26, 2016
i have searched for some time now on the difference between 4.6 romeo and windsor piston rings. Engine builder magazine said windsor has a shallow top ring groove on the piston and romeo has a deep too ring groove. When i look up part numbers they come back the same on ring sets. I would think back clearance would be excessive if windsor size top ring was used. I have a set of rings that are apparently windsor because they are narrow compared to the factory ones i had. Has anyone had this issue or know if they are ok to run?

• Sponsors (?)

Stock npi pistons. What i could find says newer rings are sized to fit both style pistons. I have looked up rings for a windsor and romeo and both have the same part numbers. Didnt know if anyone else has ran across this.

The rings will all have the same aftermarket replacement. They all have the same ring groove size (even 03/04 cobra). You'll want to buy the material and coating that fits your specific needs and bore finish. (your machine shop can help with this as they'll know what grit the finish is).