Pitch/roll/understeer

I finished my suspension rebuild - new bushings, springs, shocks, balljoints, tierods and bearing repack. Wheel alignment done as well. Ride is much improved. Sweet :nice:

But I'm noticing some jerkiness when cornering at high speed. I don't know if this is what the books mean by pitch/roll but it seems to fit, thus, I think it may be a swaybar issue. My old bar and bushings seem to be in good shape. Don't have a rear swaybar. Is this a factory problem? Any solutions?

It also seems that I'm always steering a little bit to keep the wheels straight - kinda like Fred Flintstone when he was driving. I hear the II's are notorious for "understeer" Does this have anything to do with the steering gear and are there any aftermarket solutions.

Since the rack leaks a little I was going to go with a Moog setup. I'm hoping that will be my best choice for a modest guy with modest budget.

• Sponsors (?)

With all new parts, the steering should be solid an go where you point it...the twitching is probably caused by an improper alignment (I've had enough of them myself).

If you've only got a front swaybar, is it the tiny one or the 1"? If it's the tiny one, try and find a new front/rear plus use urethane bushings. You won't believe the difference.