Planing ahead for winter driving

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
Until Dec 2020 when I had the wrong car out of storage, I had forgotten how bad (or exciting) a Fox 5.0 was with ice and snow. My 91 is a handful on wet roads, but even with A traction rated all season tires, it got stuck just moving over in the driveway that the G.Marquis had just driven out of without any tire spin.
I used to have two tire tubes with sand, one for the 79 5.0, and one for an A body. Is there a better solution? If not, this is the time of year to fill a new tube up with sand.
Are my Saleen rear control arms going to help when on the car? (They are not much help in the box.) It’s not wheel hop, but rather both wheels spinning without provocation that’s the problem.
I probably know the answer, but besides moving or adding the weight, I am hoping for better answers.

• Sponsors (?)

Your thread title pretty much answers all questions.

Soon as you get her up on plane just hold on tight and hope for the best.

Maybe a rudder or some kind of vectored thrust? :shrug:

Get a truck. :)

I was really hoping someone had a better idea they had been keeping quiet about, like Southside Machine lift bars being good for something besides ripping up torque boxes and good 60’ times.
I have seen promo materials for a spray system to make tires sticky in the winter, (60’s GM) Making a sand delivery system for the rear tires might work, but an AWD Mustang could be more useful and would get me kicked off the island.