platinum spark plugs?

• Sponsors (?)

Ignoring the little squabling, i'll share my experience with plugs.

I was running my N/A 2.3 with some bosch platinum plugs, and it ran great. When i did the turbo swap and left the platinums in there, it ran like crap. I was using stock SVO plug wires. (what are those?)
I switched plugs at the nearest autoparts store, the only plug they actually had 4 of, was cheap NGK's. i can say they run better than the platinum ones, but i have nothing else to compare them to, as of yet.

-Ryan

ib_steed said:
Ignoring the little squabling, i'll share my experience with plugs.

I was running my N/A 2.3 with some bosch platinum plugs, and it ran great. When i did the turbo swap and left the platinums in there, it ran like crap. I was using stock SVO plug wires. (what are those?)
I switched plugs at the nearest autoparts store, the only plug they actually had 4 of, was cheap NGK's. i can say they run better than the platinum ones, but i have nothing else to compare them to, as of yet.

-Ryan

The plats seem to stay hotter longer so it causes detonation (I think its detonation) in a turbo motor. I just followed the rest of the crowd and use MotorCraft on my SVO. They say the autolites work good also. Now on my N/A 2.3 DP I'm running a set of cheap bosch plats ( the single electrode) and its runs great.