Playing with fox turbines for the hell of it

MuDDuQ

Sep 25, 2005
I was bored so I pulled out some turbins out of the shed and powdercoated them and I think I have a new favorite color. Black chrome this picture does these rims no justice at all but they still look pretty good.
P1000846.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

How would it look if you had masked off all the machined metal surfaces and only painted the as cast part of the wheel? I have 4 turbines with good tires that I am holding on to for just such a trick as yours.

How would it look if you had masked off all the machined metal surfaces and only painted the as cast part of the wheel? I have 4 turbines with good tires that I am holding on to for just such a trick as yours.

They would be unreal sick if you took all the clear coat off with paint stripper them taped off all the spokes and the outer ring and coated them black chrome you would just have to be careful not to hit any of the spokes or outer ring when sand blasting them

The tops of the fins and the outter lip need machined off. These have been done in black a bunch of times and look really different....reminiscent of the General Lee wheels kinda. If they were 16s they might actually look really good.

Someone on Four-Eyed Pride has a black hatch with turbines done up exactly like you're describing - looks NIIIIIIIICE. :drool:

I've got a set of turbines in my spare room that I'm wanting to do something with, and I might go this route (except with rattlecan wheel paint instead of powdercoating). I just happen to be kinda comfy with the 10-holes I've got on there at the moment, so I'll probably wait until I wear down the tires on them before I throw a fresh set of rubber on the turbines and put 'em back on there. :nice:

I have a brand new in the box bullitt wheel from when i had my '03 GT. I bought it to replace a curbed wheel and never got to it.

I was thinking of getting a small round pane of glass cut and making a small coffee table with it! :drool:

I actually like Turbines, I just think that the ones on the car in the picture look like the guy took it through the car wash and didn't do the wheels afterwards. The one done by the OP looks MUCH better IMO.