Please help, 1991 foxbody, possible purchase

syncityj

May 7, 2009
I am interested in a 1991 mustang foxbody.

I will provide a link for anyone to check it out, if you could help me.

tell me if its a good idea, or bad, pros/cons, so on and so fourth,
Thanks in advance

[link removed]

craigslist ad said:
331 DSS level 20 block-300 miles on engine and world class T-5 trans, X303 camshaft, GT40P heads-ported and polished, 1.6 DSS Rocker arms
Holly Systemax intake manifold, 75mm ACCUFAB Throttle body and EGR, 38lb injectors, A/C elim pulley, air pump elim pulley, P600 Procharger with 17lb pulley with 300 ,iles on it, 3 core intercooler, 3 core radiator, MSD distributor and coil, BBK shorty headers, off road H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Fidanza Billet aluminum flywheel, SPEC stage 3 kevlar clutch, 3:73 rear end, much more this is just off the top of my head. would think about a trade for jet ski's or motorcycle

call me @ (630)903-xxxx

3n73k13peZZZZZZZZZ94mb51c675e5e4c1c71.jpg
3k53m53l9ZZZZZZZZZ94ma690eecfe1011d6e.jpg

3k43m73odZZZZZZZZZ94mb9e6d013a01710f1.jpg
3k63p33lcZZZZZZZZZ94m47753556274f1cdc.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

if i'm not mistaken, aren't all DSS motors still stock Ford blocks? i could be way off because i've never looked into DSS products personally, but when i hear procharger and 17lb pulley and stock block i think about how expensive that paperweight is going to be when it unzips :shrug:

then again Trbofox (Terry) is running a DSS block with a Hellion Turbo kit and he's putting down serious numbers...

in any case, go look at the car in person, bring someone wth you if you don't know what to look for...

that sounds a little good to be true, if that is his real asking price there may be something seriously wrong with the car or it has a salvaged title.

thanks for posting, just bought it!!!

anyway you guys need to remember the car is in vegas diff car market there. its white with red interior , so basically the guys is selling a powertrain. good deal go drive it. most people's supercharged cars are just problems

WTF!! TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE............. if it just had the 331 kit with the options stated, but procharger 17 pound pulley u would have to detune it to the point where u would be taking off the procharger to run with a 5.0 block. Then comes the thought why the hell would someone go thru all it takes to build a motor like that then with 300 miles on it not even broken in yet then sell it for that cheap im clueless:shrug: yeah its not the perfect build with GT 40 heads and and X cam then again a motor that could put down tuned right well over 500RWHP with a stock tranny:lol:. BUY IT ANYWAYS PART IT OUT U WILL MAKE UR MONEY BACK EASY, OR ATLEAST SELL THE PROCHARGER OFF TO FIX WHAT EVERS WRONG WITH THE CAR AND IT WILL BE PLENTY FAST AND MIGHT LAST A LITTLE WHILE:shrug:

Dss makes blocks. You can buy a dss rotating assembly and use a stock ford block but dss makes their own blocks I do believe

I dont think so, if it is its no different than a stock block same 2 bolt design not dependable over 450RWHP that setup your looking at should have plenty block splitting HP

Question #1: Do you have 5.0 Mustang mechanical skills, plenty of tools and a dry, sheltered shop area to work on the car?
Question #2: Do you have the money to fix what the seller didn't tell you about?
Question #3: Do you have a good daily driver to get you around while your purchase sits as a pile of parts waiting for you to fix it?

If the answer to any of the above is no, then this is not the car for you unless you are going to buy it for parts and sell the parts.