Please Help 1991 Mustang GT Fox Tire Angled Outward at Bottom

Jacob4278

Jun 9, 2018
Kentucky
I have a 91 Foxbody GT and the front tires slant outward at the bottom (worse on the driver side) and when the car is jacked up they return to normal. I'm not sure if its the bushings on the lower control arms, ball joints, etc. The inner and outer tie rods are new and I don't think this in an alignment issue. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and how they resolved it. Any and all advice or solutions are appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

Have you checked for play in the wheel when jacked up? HAve you removed the wheel and put a prt bar on suspension parts to see if any play?

If it is a ball joint it would be unsafe to drive on

Reactions: 1 user
I jacked it up and there is minimal play when I push on the wheel from the top and bottom, it moves in and out vertically but just slightly, the ball joint bushing looks okay but I'm on 100% sure. I've put a pry bar between the lower control arm and spendle and there is no play. When I jack it up the wheel pulls itself back to the correct angle. I'm wondering if it is something to do with the lower control arm bushings.

Suspension wise everything is stock, the only thing I've done near the wheels is brakes, replaced caliper bolts inner tie rods (its aligned, trust me the alignment was my first concern with this issue) and bolted a reinforcement for the floor pan. I will take some pictures when I get a chance due to the fact I work night shift and have a 6 month old daughter time is a hard thing to come by haha. But I've ordered the lower control arm with bushings and ball joints pre-installed, sway bar links and bushings. I'm hoping this can fix the issue. My goal is to rebuild the entire front suspension anyway. I'll update soon!