Caydink1998

Nov 10, 2015
Mansfield TX
Hi guys new here my names Caydin I have a 2000 Ford Mustang 3.8 V6 and the problem started a few months ago when one day I got in my car went to start it and all of a sudden this weird grinding rough noise would happen only when I turn the key I moved the key to the off position then tried again, then it started up no problem this happened twice that week but after that didn't happen for a month well when it finally did roll back around this time i got in my car turned the key and it started perfect EXCEPT, the theft light was blinking which never happened and so I thought something was wrong better not drive off (after reading up on the PATS system glad I didn't drive off) but I knew something was wrong so I quickly shut it off and tried to start it again thinking maybe it would reset the system knowing that I'm not stealing my own car and that noise I was talking about happened again but this time didn't fix by turning it to the off position then trying again it did this until it appeared that the battery died. This was an old battery so I thought I needed a new one anyway so I bought one while I read up on PATS so I came to the conclusion with the new battery I just needed a new transponder key because I heard they go bad but when I place the battery in and try to hook everything up I put positive on negative and vice versa(I'm young and not smart with cars so yes this happened) and it sparked and sparked but yes since I'm not smart with cars I thought it would only do this till I hook it on, come to find out, wow I have it on wrong so switch it around and put it on correctly and got in my car to see what was happening with my car, turns out I no longer had a theft problem and I could start my car well all seemed well until next time I go to drive my car and it's hard to start but eventually starts up it does this every single time i start my car the reason I'm on her is to ask if anyone knows if I messed up my battery but connecting it wrong or is it something else wrong, by the way when I turn my car to the on position now it reads my voltage a little above low

• Sponsors (?)

Normally I'd move this over to the appropriate section where you'll get some help, but in this case I recommend you start a new thraed and try to use some proper sentence structure or I'd say you'd likely not get much help.

Cheer, and welcome aboard!