Please help brake light issues

I have 79 ford mustang 302 5.0. I am currently having brake light issues. I have power to the brake sensor wich is mounted above the brake petal. But when I step on the break , there is no power to the other wire. Do these sensors go bad? They were working and now there not.

• Sponsors (?)

Here is a picture of what i think is the switch. I have power to one side but not the other.
20180805_201800_Film2.jpg
20180805_201800_Film2.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Good morning all. Just picked up my first ever Mustang. 95GT with 27,000 miles on her. Garage kept and everything orininal. I am 60 years old and was looking for a "Sunday afternoon" leasure driver, but found this for a price I could not pass on. She is spotless inside and out with all the original paperwork. Now the question, do I leave it original, or put on wheels, a little meaner exhaust, ect. I am not interested in high performance or speed and not loaded with tools or that type of knowledge. What do you think..update her a bit or dont touch her and leave evrything original.

Attachments

• 20180731_094758-1.jpg
    20180731_094758-1.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 77
Well, since we are spending your money I'd up date the wheels and tires then put on a pair of mufflers that are a little more aggressive sounding, no real need to change the entire exhaust unless they are rusty. Get me a pretentious hat to wear and ride!