Electrical Please help electrical

bolo413

Dec 6, 2009
I have a 90 gt. When I start the car the turn signals come on solid, not very bright and the tach and gauges don’t work. While the car is running If I turn the key slightly to the start position again and hold it everything works and the turn signals go out. I have replace the ignition switch twice thinking I had a bad one. Can’t figure it out.

• Sponsors (?)

Turn signals on ... is this in the dash only or the front and rear lights as well.

If on the dash only, I would look at the cluster, the printed circuit, its grounds and connections.

It is the front and rear lights also. When I turn the key a little bit to the start they go out and gauges work fine. But when I let it go back to the run position they come back on and gauges go out.

Make sure you have the correct turn signal switch for the year car. Also check those wires. Unplug the turn signal switch and see if the gauges start to work. The turn signal switch should be interrupting any power to the lights. The printed circuit on the back of the cluster could also be causing the problem. I don't have a wiring diagram in front of me but power may be able to be back fed through the circuit from the indicator bulb circuit.