Please Help-location Of Cylinder Head Temperature Sensor

Apr 29, 2014
Nashua, New Hampshire
I have a 2005 Mustang GT. I got a code P1289 which says Cylinder Head Temperature Sensor. Have no trouble finding the part, pretty inexpensive. Now I just need to find where it is located in my engine. I have Googled till I am blue in the face trying to find the location in my 4.7. How hard is it to change out? I have to do it myself as the IRS got my money this year and mechanics don't work for free. I've watched video on how to change it out on other cars, it looked simple....but not sure if it is on this car.

• Sponsors (?)

Apr 29, 2014
Nashua, New Hampshire
Oh....maybe I can't do that. Means pulling off the intake manifold cover plus it looks like other connections too.....maybe my 61 yr old lady hands can't do it. Thanks for the pic though. Appreciate it.

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
Yepperz. It's also not just a matter of ability. Unless you have them lying around, you'll spend a lot more money in the tools necessary to do this job than you will having a mechanic do it.

racerraj

Founding Member
Dec 17, 2001
Dickson, TN
If you change it, keep in mind it is hollow brass. Snug it up too much it will break right in there.