Please help me find these DAMN lug nuts!!!

Busted07

I need my gorilla to be about an inch longer.
Nov 15, 2005
I have been playing hell trying to find some lug nuts to fit my wheels.

The hub in the wheel is really deep, and i need a 2" overall length lug nut, but it cant have a bigger outside diameter than 20 millimeters. I drew a picture to help.
i called several places, and all of the lug nuts im finding are 22.75 to 23 millimeters in outside diameter, and that wont work. i need the smaller diameter so the lug key (if they are splined shaft) can fit inside the lug well.

HELP!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 375410

• Sponsors (?)

http://www.brandsport.com/grla-69187.html

i called them for you and they said this lug nut is .79 inches OD or at least they have t in .79 and in millimeters thats 20.07 inches so you will have .035 millimeters of extra material on each side and that is so minute that you will never be able to tell. thats the thickness of a piece of paper. i know the web site is showing 7/8 but they can get it in a different size.

http://www.brandsport.com/grla-69187.html

i called them for you and they said this lug nut is .79 inches OD or at least they have t in .79 and in millimeters thats 20.07 inches so you will have .035 millimeters of extra material on each side and that is so minute that you will never be able to tell. thats the thickness of a piece of paper. i know the web site is showing 7/8 but they can get it in a different size.

you ROCK! but i dont think i can use a hex nut since the size of the socket ill have to use to tighten them will exceed the lug well diameter...

i might have to go with something like this instead..

View attachment 375400

It SHOULD read: Please help me find these DAMNED lug nuts.

To DAMN would be present tense. Example: I DAMN these lug nuts to hell!!!

It's an active verb, meaning that you are right now, damning these lug nuts. You're performing an action.

In your case, the lug nuts were already damned (hence your frustration at your inability to find them). Unless of course, you wanted help finding the lug nuts and also damning them at the same time. Then your title should have read as follows:

Help me find and DAMN these lug nuts!

Then you're asking your audience to assist with two matters. Finding and then damning the lug nuts that you find.

In any of the above scenarios, your title would require some slight modification. To further clarify:

-- An item or person cannot be DAMN. They can however be DAMNED.

-- You can of course DAMN a person but only once and for one short instant. After that of course, they would then be DAMNED.

You see the importance of my bringing this matter to light...

You're quite welcome. I aim to help in any way that I can. :D

All too often, I've heard folks swear at their girlfriends with phrases like:

You damn beeoch!

Well of course, we know now that it should be:

Ya damned beeoch!

Good thinking Ike! That is very relavant to the topic. :nice:

It SHOULD read: Please help me find these DAMNED lug nuts.

To DAMN would be present tense. Example: I DAMN these lug nuts to hell!!!

It's an active verb, meaning that you are right now, damning these lug nuts. You're performing an action.

In your case, the lug nuts were already damned (hence your frustration at your inability to find them). Unless of course, you wanted help finding the lug nuts and also damning them at the same time. Then your title should have read as follows:

Help me find and DAMN these lug nuts!

Then you're asking your audience to assist with two matters. Finding and then damning the lug nuts that you find.

In any of the above scenarios, your title would require some slight modification. To further clarify:

-- An item or person cannot be DAMN. They can however be DAMNED.

-- You can of course DAMN a person but only once and for one short instant. After that of course, they would then be DAMNED.

You see the importance of my bringing this matter to light...

Thank you for that damned lesson. Ill use it all the damn time in the future. Damn me for not knowing this earlier, but its all your damn fault. DAMN YOU!