please help me find this rear emblem...

Guamie

Dec 9, 2004
I know this is more of a tech site, but I see more ppl visit this. If you're the owner of this 2005 mustang or know where to find this emblem, please let me know. I saw this emblem at the recent Knotts Berry Farm show in Anaheim, CA. Thank you so much! I truly appreciate it.
Guamie

Attachments

• cobraemblem.jpg
    cobraemblem.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 242
  • Sponsors (?)

Yeah, I noticed that this emblem doesn't say shelby nor GT500. I wish I had asked the owner of this mustang GT where he/she got it. If anyone knows the owner or if the owner sees this, I'd really appreciate where the emblem was found. I'd hate to sound like a biter, but I'd like to get it myself, just as someone would want to get the steeda emblem or roush, etc. I look closely at the pic and I can't tell if it was a full emblem replacement or just a black sticker with the cobra on it. It looks good either way. Thanks to anyone with any info or help. =)
Again, this pic was taken at the recent Knotts Berry Farm show.

Guamie said:
Yeah, I noticed that this emblem doesn't say shelby nor GT500. I wish I had asked the owner of this mustang GT where he/she got it. If anyone knows the owner or if the owner sees this, I'd really appreciate where the emblem was found. I'd hate to sound like a biter, but I'd like to get it myself, just as someone would want to get the steeda emblem or roush, etc. I look closely at the pic and I can't tell if it was a full emblem replacement or just a black sticker with the cobra on it. It looks good either way. Thanks to anyone with any info or help. =)
Again, this pic was taken at the recent Knotts Berry Farm show.

Not to be a fly in the ointment but why do you want to put anything with a cobra on a non-cobra mustang? Kind of like putting a GT on the quarters of a V6, don't ya think?:shrug:

True, I see your point. However, I figure if the car is going to have a HO supercharger and produce the calibur performance, it would be worthy to wear the cobra. Also, from what I hear, SVT is only making less than 4000 shelby gt500s this year, and they may only make ONE model year of the snake. These new cobras won't be as available as the previous generation. I know I won't be able to get one, but I can make my 05 more than worthy against a stock gt500. That's all. But, I too, get frustrated of the dilemma of putting cobra emblems on or not. Yet when I saw some GT's at the Knotts Berry Farm show wearing cobra badges, I thought they were really awesome. I just don't want my emblem to say shelby, just like theirs, though I do admire Carroll.

Guamie said:
True, I see your point. However, I figure if the car is going to have a HO supercharger and produce the calibur performance, it would be worthy to wear the cobra. Also, from what I hear, SVT is only making less than 4000 shelby gt500s this year, and they may only make ONE model year of the snake. These new cobras won't be as available as the previous generation. I know I won't be able to get one, but I can make my 05 more than worthy against a stock gt500. That's all. But, I too, get frustrated of the dilemma of putting cobra emblems on or not. Yet when I saw some GT's at the Knotts Berry Farm show wearing cobra badges, I thought they were really awesome. I just don't want my emblem to say shelby, just like theirs, though I do admire Carroll.

Right on, i guess i feel the sam way. I plan to do a fair amount to mine as well but am not willing to give up on getting a Cobra by 2010 for sticker. I pray..........:nice:

I heard SVT might not still be making them by then. I pray they will though. They need to keep SVT. I also wish they would still make the Ford GT but I also heard 2006 will be the last model year. May SVT live long and prosper! I only wear the cobra for its worthy performance (supercharger, etc), but would not want shelby or SVT on anything out of respect and because it's not a true shelby or svt. Good luck with that cobra in 2010 bud!:flag:

Guamie said:
I heard SVT might not still be making them by then. I pray they will though. They need to keep SVT. I also wish they would still make the Ford GT but I also heard 2006 will be the last model year. May SVT live long and prosper! I only wear the cobra for its worthy performance (supercharger, etc), but would not want shelby or SVT on anything out of respect and because it's not a true shelby or svt. Good luck with that cobra in 2010 bud!:flag:

I have heard some of the same things. I may just build mine up to the HP i want and keep it but i really want a Shelby, really really bad. I am just not willing to pay $20K over sticker to get one. I guess we'll see.:D