PLEASE Help Me!!!! Intake Problems

Ok got everything all bolted up and all the hoses hooked up. Car starts but unless you giving it gas the whole time it wont drive. Anyone have pics of how the hoses are hooked up or any ideas what i did wrong? My dad finished bolting the upper back on since i had to work so im not sure what he did. pleaaaaaaaaasssssssssse help me

• Sponsors (?)

The only two things it could really feasibly be are vacuum hoses and sensors. Make sure all sensors are hooked up and all hoses are hooked up. With the vacuum hoses, all you need to do is make sure that each hose fits on there SOMEWHERE, ANYWHERE and make sure that every fitting is either connected to a hose or plugged up with a rubber cap.

You most likely need to reset the idle so that the throttle plate is constantly open. An intake swap can sometimes be enough to really mess up the IAC and therefore it dies if the throttle plate is closed, which they are from the factory.

That I'm not sure on but if you swapped distributors midway through the intake installation seems to me you likely have a timing problem. I'm probably wrong, and I'm sure someone will chime in hopefully. I know how frustrating this is having just done the install myself.

I believe you want to remove your battery cables if you havent already.
Remove your #1 sparkplug which is the frontmost plug on the passenger side.
Have someone turn the crank slightly till you can feel/see the piston in the plughole at the very top of its rotation.
At this point I believe you have to put the distributor back in making sure that you get the rotor pointing towards the #1 cylinder.
Then tighten everything down.
This should get you to 0 degrees.
Now just retime it to where you want.

However, PLEASE dont do this till someone who knows better tells you otherwise. I dont want to mess you up more or possibly hurt ya. But that gives you a good idea of whats involved.

I would think that would be your problem if what you say and believe is true....that you have everything connected properly. I thought I did too, it wouldnt idle....kept dying. I had two sensors undone. SWORE i had connected them all.....DOHH!!!!

you gotta check your timing to see if your distributor is off or not. without a timing gun you can loosen up the dist. and turn it a bit to see if the car runs better or not. you can tell by ear but to get it just right, you need a gun.

make sure the iac wires didnt come loose or the pins got bent when you plugged it back in I did that to the tps and it looked connected but the car ran like crap and the ce light came on. I rechecked the sensor connections and discovered this ,and had to bend the tabs back with a small needle nose plier, lucky I didnt break it altogether.Good luck