Please HELP ME!!!!! LACK!!! IMPORTANT, NEED ADVISE!!!

JonStaley89

Jul 24, 2006
iight boys. My last bullitin I guess I didnt describe good enough. Ill start from the beginning.
First I found this Mustang in front of a mechanic shop, talked to the mechanic and he said he drove it to the mechanic shop with a cracked head. I bought a new head. and didnt feel like puting it all back together, so I payed him to do it. He put the engine all back together, changed the oil, new oil filter, and more stuff. But he got it running and gave it back to me. I noticed that when I was driving home that it didnt have any umppppth. it took a while for it to get up to speed. Im sure it has more ummppppth, then it is showing. What does everybody think i should do to get my ummmppth back in my lx stang?? and also have a problem with it goin into gear. When I change to reverse, it waits a second and then hits reverse pretty hard, and the same with drive, but not as bad... Any suggsustions????? I WOULD LOVE ANYBODYS Advise.
ooo ya it also has a cracked excaust manifold.
Sorry but here is another story. I drove it down the street and was testing if a brake was grabing. and before I did that i checked the air filter. The air filter was fine and I forgot to plug the mass air sensor back in. Well to the point, it drove the same with the mass air sensor in then it did with it off. Could that be robbing my power???? PLEASE HELP!!!

• Sponsors (?)

The car shouldn't run right, if at all if the air sensor was unplugged. I suppose if what you are actaully talking about is the temp sensor, then yeah it could make very little differnce. Is it all plugged in now?
Sadly, going into reverse slowly can be a sign of tranny problems. Check the fluid level and condition.
As for the lack of power... it is a 4cyl in a 3000lb car with 105hp new. What do you expect? I would say time a 0-60, and if it is worse than 14s, you can look for problems.

14's in a 2.3?
turbo 2.3 maybe. it sounds like homeboy has a n/a engine. I would think his et should be around 20.

how is the car idling. when I cleaned out my IAC and re-calibrated the idle, my reverse shifts became much smoother.
power on these things are a joke. the 2.3 isnt a hot rod, and as stated earlier 100hp on a 3000lb car? not gonna move very fast.

um...stykthyn he said his 0-60 not his quarter times... read the whole thing lol.

these things can be kinda quick if you put your money into it, but its not worth it in the end, if i ever find a tc i will do the swap, but otherwise i'll stick with my slowbanger right now