Please help me pick 15" wheels for track

swl987

May 6, 2004
Cleveland,Oh
I just got some 275/60/15 drag radials and now I need some wheels. I hear there are fitment issues with 15" wheels on our cars. I don't want to buy some wheels then find they don't clear the brakes. Can you guys please tell me which wheels you now that will fit and if they need spacers-what size. I don't want to spend a lot such as weld wheels. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

All 15 inch with 5.5 inch backspacing fit new edge gt's very well, i think the only issue is front cobra brakes which in your case dont have anything to worry about with the rears i believe
Look at summit they have clean wheels for pretty cheap

x2 on the SummitRacing wheels being a good cheaper alternative. I had the FastFive wheels and they were excellent quality. The sizes you will want are the 15x4 fronts, which will require the use of a 7/16" spacer and 15x8 or 15x10 for the rears. The 15x4 have a 1.75" backspacing, which is the only available bs I believe. The 15x8's I used had a 5.5" backspacing, you can also use 15x8's with a 4.5" backspacing but it may cause the tire to rub the outer fenderwell. You may encounter a similar problem if you run the 15x10's. You will want a 6.5" backspacing for those and again the tire may rub the outer fender. Best overall fit, IMO is the 15x8 with 5.5" backspacing. It will allow the use of more tire sizes than the other choices.

x2 on the SummitRacing wheels being a good cheaper alternative. I had the FastFive wheels and they were excellent quality. The sizes you will want are the 15x4 fronts, which will require the use of a 7/16" spacer and 15x8 or 15x10 for the rears. The 15x4 have a 1.75" backspacing, which is the only available bs I believe. The 15x8's I used had a 5.5" backspacing, you can also use 15x8's with a 4.5" backspacing but it may cause the tire to rub the outer fenderwell. You may encounter a similar problem if you run the 15x10's. You will want a 6.5" backspacing for those and again the tire may rub the outer fender. Best overall fit, IMO is the 15x8 with 5.5" backspacing. It will allow the use of more tire sizes than the other choices.

I have maximum motorsports adjustable rear lower control arms. Do you think I can get away with nine or ten inch wide wheels?