Please help trying to find out some info on Aod to t-5 swaps

SataStang

Dec 5, 2004
I have 93gt with 49000 original miles and want to swap it from an aod to a t-5, if any one knows were I could find any information on parts needed and procedures to be done that would be awsome. Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

if you have the loot to do it, stangparts.com actually has a premade kit with everything you will need for the transformation to a 5 speed. If you want to be unique and go 6 speed, D&D performance (ddperformance.com) has a kit that is not too much more than the 5 speed kit. But u will still need a few things here and there for the 6 speed kit. All depends on how much u can spend. If you are low on cash and want to do it urself with the minimal amount of "new" items bought, u can probably get away with buying everything on ebay and spending about $1,200 total. (for a 5 speed)

I just recently did it over Thanksgiving weekend. I went out and bought a 90 GT donor car for the swap. I got the car for $700, but I split it with a friend who also wanted parts so I only spent $350. I also picked up a new Centerforce Stage II for $300, and a few miscellaneous parts here and there. So overall I spent about $800-$900 total!

There is a lot of info out there on this, search here, and the corral. If you have any specific questions, ask, and I'll help. It's easiest,as mentioned to buy a whole parts car. If that's not an option, and you don't have the ability to pull parts yourself at a local yard, you'll have to source the parts yourself. As mentioned, it can get very expensive. I occasionally will pull and sell t5 conversion parts for extra $, and i'll beat stangparts prices, pm me.