Please help Vortech Owners. AC Line MOD

StanginSean

Aug 19, 2008
Im currently installing a V2 supercharger on my 03 GT, however Im very confused on the modification of the AC line that must be done. Also I'm very confused on the "removal of the air conditioning silencer". This is part of the system, so therefore wouldn't it be under high pressure and have freon inside? therefore how do I go about removing it to fit the bracket assembly? Please help.

• Sponsors (?)

What exact line am I bending though? Because Im confused. Theres a large cylinder like thing bracketed to the block and I disconnect that, is that the silencer? And if so, how do i remove it or set it aside for the bracket assembly?

What exact line am I bending though? Because Im confused. Theres a large cylinder like thing bracketed to the block and I disconnect that, is that the silencer? And if so, how do i remove it or set it aside for the bracket assembly?

your right about what is the silencer but you dont have to remove it just unbolt it and move it out so it is at the front of the bracket. as for moving the rest of the ac lines i bought a bender but found it much easier to move them by hand cause the lines are soft aluminum just be careful when doing it you dont want to break the welds. it really only took me about 2 hours to install the blower and it is really easy.