Wheels-Tires Please Help Wheel Hitting A-arm

Elswick8400

Apr 14, 2015
So just bought an 88 mustang gt. Ive never owned anything lowered and i can tell u this is lowered. Dont know what kinda springs i can tell u they are red. Im jumping into my suspension anyways bc struts and back shocks are shot. Look to be factory honestly. 100,000 miles ttop car. Not much of a mechanic but ill give all the info i can. Measurment from ground to front fender lip is-24 3/4. Tire size is 245/45/17. Its annoying first thought was inner fender but i can see metal to metal blemishes on a frame. Is there a simple fix? Should i just go back to factory ride height? Would like to do it all at once. Bc i know nxt week or 2 im doin the struts and shocks. Any help greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    526.4 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    521.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Sponsors (?)

They have little pieces called rack limiters. They're not expensive and not too hard to put on. The rack limiters clip on the rack behind the inner tie rod end.

The place they clip on to is behind the boot on the rack. Just take the bigger side clamp loose....slide the boot back ( towards the wheel ) so that you can get to the shaft behind the inner tie rod pivot point. Clip the limiter on and reinstall boot. No need to take tie rods loose so alignment stays the same. You may notice the turning radius will be larger but the wheel won't rub that a frame.