Please Help with Wiring Question

Hey! I'm not new to wiring stereos or electrical stuff, but I do have a question regarding my cd player. I am looking at getting a pioneer cd player for my car. My MACH 460 doesn't like burned cd's at all, and thats all I have. It gets annoying having to fast forward all of them like a tape player. My questions are.
1. What wiring is needed to install a new deck? There are two H/U's Tape/CD
2. Do I need to run new wire from the deck to the speakers or amps?
3. What do I get to fill the bottom, where the cd player is now?

I'm sure I have more questions but I'm in a hurry this morning.

Lemme know guys

Andy

• Sponsors (?)

Turbo92PGT said:
1. What wiring is needed to install a new deck? There are two H/U's Tape/CD
2. Do I need to run new wire from the deck to the speakers or amps?
3. What do I get to fill the bottom, where the cd player is now?

Andy

1. No new wiring is needed
2. No
3. You have two options, you can either get a dashkit that has the fill plate included for the bottom. The other option is to find a mustang that had a factory standard height head unit with the "sunglasses holder" underneath it, and get the "sunglasses holder" from it and install it in your car. If you do that you won't even need a dashkit.

I have a pioneer cd player in my 95 GT with the factory Mach 460 and a single 12" sub. I've had no wiring problems whatsoever. Just pay attention to the wires (I was supprised...they're actually labeled) and you should be fine.

I went to a ton of different places looking for stereos. I either want to get the sony explod with the black face plate that moves. Or a pioneer deh6600.
I was about to buy one, but then asked him what adapter/harness I need for my car with the mach460. He said that its going to cost me about 70 bucks for something to bypass the amps and 50 to install that. I read on here that you can just get a harness and plug it right in, and play it like stock, with all the stock stuff working etc. Speakers amps etc.

Can someone give me a part number and brand of the harness/adapter they used to be able to keep the mach460 amps and speakers working. I dont want to pay for that 70 piece of crap and no way am i gonna let them install it.

I'm about to say screw it and just run new speaker wire to everything

I bought FDK10 and FAI-3A, both from SCOSCHE and it makes no sense at all. The connectors for the wires dont fit on anything I've pulled out of the factory head units.

Turbo92PGT said:
I'm about to say screw it and just run new speaker wire to everything

I bought FDK10 and FAI-3A, both from SCOSCHE and it makes no sense at all. The connectors for the wires dont fit on anything I've pulled out of the factory head units.
The FDK 10 is the harness you need but the amp interface is the SLC4. On mine I wired the HU to the amp interface first, then the amp interface to the harness. Both hardwired. The harness then plugs directly to the vehicle harness originally attached to the stock unit. You will not need the stock cd wiring at all.

http://www.scosche-cars.com/

got it working. Just plug and play. The connector was pretty damn hard to press on, so I thought that it wouldn't work. My dad just rammed it on there, and it worked fine. Hook up the amp turn on wire to the power harness, and it works great. Sounds quite a bit better