please help

jms281gt

Dec 18, 2003
i currently own a 01 gt and am getting my money togeher to try and purchase a 1968 mustang fastback that is in cherry condition. it has a 289 2v, auto tranny, and a rare bench seat. everything is origal except the paint. my question is what is this car really worth??????

• Sponsors (?)

Tough to say, but it doesn't sound like a particularly uncommon car I would consider bench seats uncommon not particularly rare. If it was well taken care of and is in cherry condition that is a bonus. Maybe 7-10 grand?

I bought a very cherry '68 fastback a couple years ago that sounds identical to your car. Mine has a 2 barrel 289, C4, bench seat and was purchased from the 93 year old, original owner with only 91K on the odometer. I paid $7,200 and have not regretted it in the least. I'd have to disagree about the rarity of the bench seat. 1968 was the first year of the bench's availablity in a fastback, and they're quite rare, especially with a deluxe interior. Mine will most likely give way to buckets in the future, but they're neat simply because of their low numbers.

I gave 7000 for my GT fastback back in 2001. It was a quasi basket case at the time. THe prices are going up as people are buying them up for Eleanor clones. A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Values of used vehicles , especially classics, have a huge range depending on condition, originality, etc.

Well I appreciate all the feedback.. This guy wants 11 grand and I feel like that is close to right. But at the sametime it is the first fastback i have seen around here in years. And one other thing about this car it has the original radio and it still works which I found to be rather nice to show. But anyway I appreciate all the feedback and i hope to join your ranks for the third time. I have owned a 66 as well as a 67 coupe before and sold both.