please help!

• Sponsors (?)

did you change the gasket as well? if not it is probably leaking antifreeze into your intake. get it fixed before it "fixes" you. it is possible that you only got a bit in there and it just burnt off (if you're lucky) but i'd change the gasket to be safe.

-steve

I did change the gasket its not leaking anywhere on the out side of the throttle body. I even let the car runs for like 5 mins but still white smoke. Could it possibly leak on the inside?

it could. if you think it may be leaking inside you could always bypass the coolant tubes on your egr spacer. how long did you run it while puffing white?

-steve

edit: my bad, i re-read your previous post and saw 5minutes. have you looked down the t/b to see if there are any visible issues/leaks?

anyone else want to help?

If you have any doubts, it would be wise to change the oil! Water / antifreeze will not combust & could damage the engine. When I changed out my intake I didn't think I spilled that much... However, when I droped the drain bolt I bet 5-6 ounces of coolant came out before the oil even started flowing!!
Drain it bro! :nice:

Dardy said:
Sorry guys im not too mechanically inclined but i know the basics. If it was to get inside the intake would it get into the oil or would it sit on top of the pistons?

it would start on top of the piston but i would *think* that on the compression stroke a portion of it would be forced into the crankcase. from there it will eat your bearings like the cookie monster on chips ahoy.

-steve