please look at this pick and help me what the problem is here.

:eek:,dont say that.

true Adam,head gaskets are cheap,but it's the time and labor replacing them that's the killer.
even though i love working on my car,i'd hate replacing something like that and not having the cash too upgrade while i'm at it:mad:

94cobra#519,that suck's,but you'll get it running:nice:

I know the feeling!! I don't have the slighest problem working on my car...but it's just gonna take forever (whenever I get the damn pulley puller) But i can't wait you get it running again!

As for upgrades....It would be the perfect time for it but....lack of funds is telling me different! lol

94cobra#519...it'll may take a lil time but you'll get it running...Good luck!

:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I would just like to take this opportunity to point out that the gaskets very seldom blow to the point where there is water in the oil. This is a common misconception that comes from inline engines where the oil drains back down through the cylinder head adjacent to the water jacket. When a four banger blows a head gasket, there is almost always water in the oil. In our engines, the oil only drains down through the valley. So that means, the gasket has to blow from the cylinder to the water jacket, and then again from the jacket to the valley. It does happen, but not that frequently.

On an upnote, the gaskets are going to cost you about $50. The stock head bolts are torque to yield bolts, and are suposed to be changed everytime you remove them. Now, if you are truly strapped for cash, and I know I'm not suposed to say this, I have known people who have reused those stock bolts with decent results.

Kurt

Around $20 for each head for the tty bolts. It's actually much better to go ahead and get some ARP bolts or studs. They aren't much more money, and they are completely reusable.

Kurt

ok guys so now i am starting to wonder. because i am getting now fluid coming out of the exhaust pipes. maybe a little bit of steam but thats it. also. it seems to be running fine. i just drove it around for about 15 min. i let it heat up and everything. the only thing i noticed was a little bit of a weird smell(could be cause i just replaced the radiator, water pump and harmonic balancer) and also the top radiator hose looked pretty swollen. more than usual but i know it was already on its way out. any other test i can do to make sure its the head gasket?