Please post pics of your rear seat delete

Pennywise2

Banned
May 16, 2006
I think I am going to install a rear seat delete kit because no one ever
sits in the back seat.The rear seat delete kit will be for a 96 GT and I
was wondering can you take out the passenger only and still be able to install it or do you have to take out both seats? Also what is a good way
to mount it? I would appreciate it if you guys could post pics of your rear
seat delete so,I can have some ideas and links would be cool too. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not sure I understand - the rear seat assembly is one piece. You remove both or neither.

I'd post a pic but mine is plain jane black and simple.

Good luck.

I'm assuming you mean do you have to take out both front seats to install the rear set delete? This is totally up to you, all depends how much room you need to work with, you can get away with it by just bringing the seats to their max. foreward position and tilt them foreward, or just take out the passenger side if you need more room. I haven't heard of anyone having to take out both front seats to work on the rear...

Pennywise2 said:
I think I am going to install a rear seat delete kit because no one ever
sits in the back seat.The rear seat delete kit will be for a 96 GT and I
was wondering can you take out the passenger only and still be able to install it or do you have to take out both seats? Also what is a good way
to mount it? I would appreciate it if you guys could post pics of your rear
seat delete so,I can have some ideas and links would be cool too. Thanks.
I don't have a rear seat delete, but I just saved alot of money on car insurance LOL. I just wanted to comment on your avatar. I love older Mopars especially the 70 Challenger which is my favorite :nice: .

I have since changed it again but this is what is used to have.

Attachments

• mustang back seat.jpg
    mustang back seat.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 264
HISSIN50 said:
I'm not sure I understand - the rear seat assembly is one piece. You remove both or neither.

I'd post a pic but mine is plain jane black and simple.

Good luck.
Hey JT. I'm going to take all my seats out and leave everything bare......gonna get a milk crate to sit on......maybe the weight reduction will get me a few tenths of the eta.....:rlaugh:

Uhmmm. Something to think about. Lets see what feedback you get. Does anyone have blueprints on how to build a rear seat delete? I may consider doing this as I was contemplating how to get the Bazookas, Amps and Nitrous bottle in the back. This may be the ticket.

Subscribing

Forced, how'd you pull that off without the speakers being boxed in? Did they sound crappy?

Green, I love the way that look but since mine is a vert, I can't do it cause it needs a speaker box behind it.

I have one. I'll take a pic of it later but it has the speaker box on top of the lower half. It's not upholstered yet, so I'm not too crazy about posting a pic of it quite yet.

Paul, that would top your car off. Your car is gorgeous now .... and that would finish it off.

The Green GT .... is that an ammo can in your storage area? LOL ... sounds like something Guero would do. BTW, what the h*** is your name?! A name would be easier to type! ....

SeventyMach1 said:
The Green GT .... is that an ammo can in your storage area? LOL ... sounds like something Guero would do. BTW, what the h*** is your name?! A name would be easier to type! ....
lol, yea, I keep all my 20MM bullets (electrical tools, sautering iron, test light, wires, etc.) in that. My name is Eric. And dont you forget it. :nice:

yellowclone said:
I don't have a rear seat delete, but I just saved alot of money on car insurance LOL. I just wanted to comment on your avatar. I love older Mopars especially the 70 Challenger which is my favorite :nice: .
Thanks for all the info guys! :nice:
I would definitly want to do this as my next mod.
More pics are welcome.
I am a mustang guy but, I also like Challenger's.I was at a car show and
I seen a 72' Panther Pink Challenger and had to take a picture of it.Since
it's so, rare I decided to put it in my avatar.Thanks for the comments
yellowclone.