Please rate these mustang parts dealers...

bishop1911

Apr 11, 2005
I need to buy thousands of dollars of parts pretty soon and want to make sure I have a good experience doing it. I would like good pricing, but more importantly, great product and great customer service. Please rate these following dealers if you have any input and maybe let me know if there is someone out there that I didn't list that is good. Thanks for the help guys.

1.Mustangs Plus –
2. CJ Pony Parts –
3. National Parts Depot –
4. Tony Branda –
5. Mustangs unlimited –
6. American Pony -
7. Mustang Depot –
8. Cal-Mustang -
9. Superior Mustang Parts –

• Sponsors (?)

Mustangs plus-Too many times I have recieved the wrong part and have to mail it back - at my cost. California Mustang- They usually have the cheapest Quality part. I have had good luck w/ Sacramento mustang and Mustangs Unlimited

1.Mustangs Plus – had a lousy experience with them in the early '90s, bad enough for me to never ever wanna deal with 'em again. Add to that the TCP price gouging period, and I think they're evil.

2. CJ Pony Parts – I've only ever bought little things from 'em at swap meets/shows. Nice enough and ok prices.

3. National Parts Depot – my personal favorites for both price and service. I can't say enough good things about the service experience I've had with 'em. Don't get me wrong, they've done stuff wrong, but they've also fixed it the right way every time. Add that they've got very competitive pricing and good, cheap, quick shipping, the they've gotten the most of my business.

4. Tony Branda – nice enough service, but pricey... way pricey.

5. Mustangs unlimited – Good service and reasonable prices. I've only bought a couple things from 'em over the last 10 years, but they're pro.

6. American Pony - I've never bought anything, but I've contacted 'em about their stuff a couple times and they seem like good folks. Good prices but shipping killed it for me both times I was shopping.

7. Mustang Depot – I can't say I've bought anything from them, but mdjay (the owner) is a member here, and I totally respect his work and cars.

8. Cal-Mustang - no knowledge

9. Superior Mustang Parts – never heard of 'em.

I'll add one for you...

10. Laurel Mountain Mustang - decent service, good prices. They were cool enough to make my wife feel comfortable ordering stuff for me from 'em, and that's saying something.

1.Mustangs Plus – crap
2. CJ Pony Parts – the best of all of them
3. National Parts Depot – good
4. Tony Branda – good
5. Mustangs unlimited – 2nd best, have been out of stock alot though
6. American Pony - ?
7. Mustang Depot – ?
8. Cal-Mustang - ?
9. Superior Mustang Parts – ?

National Parts Depot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very fast shipping! Great customer service. I've made about twenty purchases from them. They did screw up on one order. I ordered an alternater mounting kit (bolt kit) for a 66, but the one I received was for a 68-69. I called about the problem. The customer service guy told me to just keep the one I received, and he would send out the correct one ASAP. Granted it was only a $16.00 item and the shipping would cost them, but they seemed very sorry for the mistake and they fixed the problem.

I have also been pleased with the few purchases I have made from Laurel Mountain Mustang.

1.Mustangs Plus – Shipping/quality no good/service sucks
2. CJ Pony Parts – quality good/service ?
3. National Parts Depot – quality good/service fair
4. Tony Branda – quality good/servive poor
5. Mustangs unlimited – quality good/service fair
6. American Pony - ?
7. Mustang Depot – poor service
8. Cal-Mustang - too far away
9. Superior Mustang Parts – ?
10. VA Mustang - crap service

1) Mustangs Plus, never treated me wrong but it has been a long time since ordering from them.

2) NPD. Great all the way around.

3) CJPony, I have recently purchased lots of stuff from them and it is always shipped ontime and good prices. Check them out on Ebay, you can find some good deals on there from them as well. I haven't had to test their service yet.

4) MU, Good

Not a Mustang retailer, but I only do mail order with Summit Racing. I've had too many bad experiences with mail order or "pay first and hope it gets delivered on time" situations. If I can't see it in my hands, I won't put out a penny. If they have to ask for money up front, I'm backing off.

I have had some problems with NPD in the past, but I have also had them go WAY out of the way for me. To the point of refunding me the purchase price of an item 2 years after I purchased it because it failed (fan blade). I am 2 hours away from one of their stores and often get my stuff the next day.

Branda for the most part has really good stuff...but rather expensive.

CJ pony parts I recomend, no problems ever.
NPD - I give them a 90 to 95% rating, thay always made it right even if it took them a long time to do it.
Mustang Unlimited - hard to deal with and screwed me a few times, the last straw was when I returned a bad part and they credited me instead of sending a check. When I went to use the credit it was gone. The parts were okay quality though.

But which goes with the best possible part sources?

Year-1 has been trying to break in to the Mustang parts biz. They have a huge catelog & always seem to have sales (by way of discuount coupons) to repeat customers, but I don't know if they go for the higher quality parts or not.

I go with Branda whenever I can because, if there is a choice of vendors for the same part, he will (usually) go with the better quality one. Also, he is the only one to really support Shelby parts.

I've only heard good things from NPD and Glazers Mustang Barn. I've used Mustang's Unlimited for 20 years & their service is great.

I think that most of these guys are about the same. If we can get one or two parts dealers who stand out by only selling the best available parts, that would be great & I'd go strictly with them. A few try (Glazier, Branda) but I don't have total confidence yet... At least you can get Fred Glazier and Tony Branda on the phone.

I have used CJ's Pony parts a lot, mail order, at Carlisle, and at their store. I have never had a problem with service or quality of parts. One time I went into the store to pick up a few things and two items were out of stock, they shipped them to me at no charge when they came in.

I have also had success with Texas Mustangs and Mustangs Unlimited. Also for general engine parts JEGS is great and ships fast.

DarkBuddha said:
I'll add one for you...

10. Laurel Mountain Mustang - decent service, good prices. They were cool enough to make my wife feel comfortable ordering stuff for me from 'em, and that's saying something.

I second Laurel Mountain Mustang. I paid for items on Thursday, they were on my doorstep Friday. They are in PA, I live in OH. BUt I still expected at least 2 days from door to door. Then they sent the wrong MC bar in the first shippment. Two business days later I have the correct MC bar on my doorstep and a shipping label for UPS to pick up the original wrong one. All no questions asked, excellent service. I will be using them for most of my parts.

I deal deal with American Pony's sister shop north of the border Canadian Mustang. Great service, has everthing under the sun from OEM to repro, and the prices up here can't be beat. I don't have issues with shipping costs because they are fairly close by so I pick everything up.