please recommend spark plug wires for 5.0

bcmbcmbcm

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jan 29, 2003
Hey folks,

can you throw me a few recommendations for plug wires already assembled? Going on a H/C/I 331 with a blower. I would like to order from Summit.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I like the Trickflow 10.4mm. :nice:

PICT0707.jpg

There was a pretty detailed resistance test done a few years back that said the MSD wires actually lived up to the hype and are the least restrictive you can buy.

But, i've been and still are running Taylor Spyro Pro 8mm wires...been using them for about 4 years now. They're starting to crack and need replaced but they've worked fine. I'd totally recommend going all out and getting them cut-to-fit and fitting them to your valve covers the "right" way and make them really nice, then mark them for each cylinder.

I hated the taylors, i found that each time i removed one, the prong stayed on the spark plug, rendering the wire useless.
When i called taylor, they wanted me to return them to summit.
So, i would of had to buy a new set, put them on the car, box up the old set and send them back.
I told them to take a hike, then i went back to the trusty ford wires.

msd super conductors. ran some on my car for years.

Garbage. I was so disappointed in them that they couldn't even give you the correct length in wire. I had so much slack in my msd set. I bought FRPP and they fit perfect. Don't waste your money. BUY FORD RACING :nice:

Edit: Besides $83.00 for some MSD wires is redic. Spend $40 on FRPP and be done with it

Anyone else have problems with fit on the MSD?? I definatly want to run all MSD stuff on my car. I've used the FRPP ones and they are real good and I like how each are numbered. Not sure if all wires are like that though. The ones I got at a parts store werent, what a pain in the ass.

Anyone else have problems with fit on the MSD?? I definatly want to run all MSD stuff on my car. I've used the FRPP ones and they are real good and I like how each are numbered. Not sure if all wires are like that though. The ones I got at a parts store werent, what a pain in the ass.

You def DO NOT want to waste $80.00 on those crap wires. Reasons being:
1. They didn't fit for crap
2. Every wire was like half a foot too long
3. Cost twice what FRPP wires do
4. Are half the quality of FRPP wires

I had mine on for 2 weeks and then bought FRPP wires to replace them with. I have a set of MSD super's that have less then 100 miles on them and are like 2 weeks old sitting in my garage. Couldn't sell them because i can't get anything for them even though they are brand new. So i was gonna keep them for a junk Mustang down the road. My suggestion. STAY AWAY

the ones i had were the cut to fit kind so i had no problems with the fit. The wires held up well. I got them from a buddy who couldn't use them(dont remember why) so i didn't pay 80 for them. the fit on the Taylors i just installed is bad too. the two back wires (3 and 4 - 7and8 i think) and damn near the same length and about 6 inches too long, looks like blue spaghetti under my hood.
Next time ill buy the msd supers and cut them to fit myself. If your that worried about the fit thats the route that should be taken anyway.

Msd quality has really been in the gutter lately.
Their coils and distributers fail like clockwork, and their 6al boxes crap out all the time too.

Rumor has it, that their stuff is made in china now. I don't know that for sure, but it would explain a lot issues.