PLENUM RESULTS ARE IN!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks again Beau for your time,energy,and money that went
into this testing! Your numbers will help people decide which
one is right for them! Thanks alot :nice: :nice:

Thanks for doing this. Again! Good reads. What was the difference between the stock plenum and the accufab combo @ 4300 rpm? Just wondering, because Ken mentions the Accufab combo made "up to 6 rwhp / 8 rwtq" more than the other three (TF, C & L, Dragon.) I am going to speculate the accufab combo made even more than that over the stock plenum, which might explain why everyone (including me) see to "feel" this mod a little. :shrug:

Thanks again - great read.

I've been waiting a week for this! Awesome work!!!! Does anybody have a good guess on how these plenums and throttle body would perform on a bone stock 98 gt?

About your mods Matt, what do you think you would have gained without any of them?

Thanks for the time, money, and work! :hail2:

Now can you test all the plenums with stock 65mm TB? Just kidding, but I do wonder if the larger TB is needed on N/A cars with these plenums. Going from 70 to 75mm didn't really change a thing, but we all know the CFM increased. So I wonder if going from 65 to 70mm is really going to add any power. All of the plenums actually produced lower gains with the larger TB's when compared to the first test with 70mm TB's.

Anyway, thanks for the article. This test proves that CFM increases don't always lead to rwhp increases.

2000GT said:
Now can you test all the plenums with stock 65mm TB? Just kidding, but I do wonder if the larger TB is needed on N/A cars with these plenums. Going from 70 to 75mm didn't really change a thing, but we all know the CFM increased.

I tried to compare both 70 and 75 mm at the same graph but the graph layout is slightly different. But from the looks of it, it looks like 70mm TB performs better than 75mm TB (both peak and the whole powerband wise)

I would like someone else to confirm this though.

Good job Matt, what's next? Testing 4 different blowers in the same day? :D