PLS HELP? 1967 Shelby Headlights (Aftermarket)

jrnstang

May 30, 2003
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if they now make aftermarket Shelby Headlights that are both (combined) High & Low Beams? I know that shelby's come with seperate High and Low beam lamps but I thought that someone would have invented a combination one.

Thanks in advance for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

Just use 6024 bulbs. That is what are used on 65-68 Mustangs.

The 67 Shelby used the same 5" 4-bulb system as the 69 Mustang. Or Chevelle. Only 2 headlamp systems were legal in those days, the 7" 2-bulb sealed beam system, or the 5" 4-bulb sealed beam system. Cars, trucks, fire engines, all had one or the other.

WhiteShelbyGT500-8.jpg

HickmanChevelle.jpg

You mean only quad headlamp systems were legal. Dual headlamps were too 65-68 and then 70 all had only 2 headlights with hi/low beam. I don't know why 69 had 4.

I don't see why the 6024 bulb won't fit the car if it fits a 67 68 Mustang.

You mean only quad headlamp systems were legal. Dual headlamps were too 65-68 and then 70 all had only 2 headlights with hi/low beam. I don't know why 69 had 4.

I don't see why the 6024 bulb won't fit the car if it fits a 67 68 Mustang.

No, 7" dual OR 5" quad. Nothing else.

The 67-68 Mustang had 7" diameter headlights. The 67 Shelby had 5" diameter headlights. I don't think he wants to take a Sawzall to his Shelby.

I've seen some Eleanor cars use the dual 7" lights rather than the four 5" lights and there's more than a few problems. For one, there's not enough room for a trim ring, which is gonna make changing and adjusting the light a bit tough. There's no reason to NOT use the original-style Shelby headlight arrangement if you ask me. The brackets are simple and inexpensive, wiring the center lights (hi-beams) is a breeze and they look "right" in my opinion.