Poilsh Manifold???

• Sponsors (?)

Its not worth the time. I polished mine when I used to use it on the car and it took all day. Its been sitting in my garage for about 3 years so I decided to clean it up and sell it, the highest offer I got for it was $60. So back in the garage it sits. In my opinion all days work, the millions of discs for my 2" grinder and sandpaper and compounds, plus the manifold are worth alot more. Just my 2 cents.

272699_76_full.jpg

They look really good when their done right. I paid $100 to have mine polished by a pro. The car that intake is on is currently getting a new engine. :)

Black 93 Fox said:
I just went and got the stuff that i think i read will work.

I got 80..(they didnt have 120)..180...220....320..then 400.

I also got mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish

I am doing this by hand so will the above stuff work to polish my intake?

Yes.

SuperchargedB87 is right. Polished stock intakes never go above $100 for upper and lower on ebay. I have one I need to sell, I'll probably be able to make my money back, but I know it's not going to go for much....

u have to sand your ass off. start with 80 grit..do the whole piece..then redo with 120 then redo with 180 then with 220 then with 320. some stop here but some go to 400 and some even go to 600 and 1000...final result depends on teh sanding...then u have to buff it with tripoli compound with a buffing wheel eitehr on a drill or bench grinder. then final step is polishing with white rouge compound-same way as buffing..
and it is not true that polished stuff doesnt sell. Maybe the stock intake doesnt but other stuff goes for some pretty crazy prices on ebay. ive seen cobra intakes go for 580...mine is on ebay now, its been on for 6 hours and is up to 130 already and started at 9....good luck with teh polishing

I just went and got the stuff that i think i read will work.

I got 80..(they didnt have 120)..180...220....320..then 400.

I also got mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish

I am doing this by hand so will the above stuff work to polish my intake?

No, you have to sand to at least 1000 grit by hand to just put Mothers on it and get it to come up. The lines from the 400 grit will stick out like a sore thumb after you shine it up, trust me. The smoother you get it the better it will look. When I used to polish by hand, I would finish up the sanding process by wet sanding with 2000 grit. Also, doing it by hand is 50 times harder than using a rag wheel and compounds.

B87 - ill take that polished intake off your hands for 50 bucks...hey its only collecting dust lol
Sorry, but I don't want to let it go that cheap, besides I've been getting ideas in my head of building another car with all the parts I have laying around, and I want to build a speed density car with as many modified stock components as possible and see how fast I can get it to go, so I'm thinking of putting the manifold on that.