Police Tint WARNING

90mustang_GT5.0 said:
the best way sround it is, goin to an eye doctor and getting a note of tint... i have a catorac sp? and i could do it to limo tint... but if you get a proper note you cant drive a car with out the tint.. so tint them all or take it off is what it comes down to... i hate tint so i never get it done... that would be the leagel way to get it done!

Also a doctors note for asthma stating that tint is required so that you do not have an asthma attack when returning to your car on hot days.

• Sponsors (?)

i dont know anything about that.. i have all the leagal paper work so that i could tint as dark as i need just cuz of my left eye caterac, ive had it since birth and doctors wouldnt touch it till i was 18... then when i turned 18 they said i should have taken care of it when i was born.... now its gonna cost me like 2800 because ive develuped(SP?) a stigmatisim ( my eye is now shaped funny) un noticeable tho.. but ive had it since i was born and ill have it till i die because im not payen 2800...

i got pulled over about 6 months ago the cop did a full U-turn in the middle of traffic just to stop me for having window tint. His meter showed i think i had 25-30% tint and he wrote me a warning that i have to get it removed and show the police station within 10 days. He then walked to the back of my car to also get me for illegal taillights and i had to remove those and show the station in 10 days. He told me that my fine would be 100 dollars for the first time and like 250 for the 2nd time and keeps going up each time i get pulled over. So i removed the tint on just the drivers and passenger side window and put stock cheese graters in and got it inspected by the police station. But i left there came home and put my smoked LX's back in and haven't had any problems since. "knock on wood"

bubba-dough said:
:Or when you accidentillay back into something because your vision was impaired and damage your car, someone elses or even worse by hitting somebody, is it worth it?

I think that's the biggest reason behind tint laws, aside from cops worried about being shot through dark tint. When you start getting down to 15-5%, it's tough to see. My friend had 5% on his Mustang and i couldn't see jack with it. I had to roll down side windows at night to see if the way was clear to pull out. I'm sure the insurance companies campained heavily for tint laws. You can't crash your car if it's illegal to have dark tint that hinders your vision according to them.

There are reasons a lot of this stuff is illegal. It's not because "The Man" wants something to bust your balls on.

All in all.. Dont speed.. and roll you'r windows down if you think you will have problems with the cops.. If you werent speeding in the 1st place he wouldn't have given you anything. He gave you a break by issuing you a warning about tints instead of a ticket for Speeding. Warning is just a warning.

WinterStang said:
And for TUNEDIN302 do you every drive 76mph when the signs says 75 mph limit? Low life, I am sure you break the law just like everyone else!

Don't take that out of context or out on him or me.....that statement was for the ones that are gonna pull a gun.........not people in general who have window tint or bust laws, we all do it.

Add another reason not to have window tint-when I went to get a base sticker on my 87 Mazda truck project, the PMO guy came out to look at it to make sure it did not have tint. It didn't, but they said they were not allowing tinted windows.

Have not been asked in the last year again, but the thought stayed with me.

Hey Tunedin, What exactly is the tint limit for PA(I am in Berks county btw) I heard that it is illegal for tint, is this true? I dont know what my percentage is, if i took a guess I would say 35%, and I havent gotten pulled over yet. Just wondering.

it's 32 in GA and when my friend first got his supra it had 5%, the first night driving it, he almost backed into a taurus cuz he couldn't see, now has 30%.

And the only reason I haven't tinted my windows is b/c I never have them up. They are always down w/ top down unless rain then its easier to see w/o the tint anyway.

johnt785 said:
Maybe i'm just bitter- But I think the tints too good to let go.

generic- Silly? I hardly think so. I break all laws knowingly that I'm doing so, doesn't mean I agree to the law. Furthermore, I'll learn from them and better correct myself so that I can continue to break these laws and avoid getting caught to the best of my ability. Because 5% is worth it.

That's the attitude that guarantees police officers plenty of job security.:nice:

You're a douchebag, JohnT.

How long before we get your post about the cops "harassing" you for illegal tint and speeding?

They got me before on the tint, the cop was a total ass. He pulled out his trusty meter to read the tint. He didn't even read the tint right. At the time I had a all black 88gt. He attempted to read the rear quarter window.

We all understand that the quarter window is smaller on the inside than the outside on the hatchs sence the outside has that decritive blackout section of the glass.

Well when you read the glass you put one part of the meter on the inside and another on the outside. Well he wasn't cordnated enough, so he put one on the inside and the other on the solid black outside part of the glass. Making the meter read zero.

When I tried to argue with the guy that he was reading two different parts of glass he slap me with no seat belt.

Even worse here in Nebraska a tint is consider a moving vialation, and cost me a point on the licence as well as the fee. The points for the tint and seat belt caught up to me a year later when I lost my licence due to points.

I recieved a warning about my tint and a licence plate cover that was tinted also about a year ago and the cop wanted me to peel the tint (20% all around) from the side windows(doors) right there and then.I told him how the hell am i going to do it on the side of the road without any scraper or anything.He ended up just giving me a warning and told me if he saw me again i would get a ticket.I didnt remove the tint or plate cover and roughly 1 yr later them same cop pulled me over and said "Remember Me?" he ended up giving me 220 bux worth of tickets:mad: So now i have no tint on my side windows.I believe the law here is 35% so i'll probably get the windows redone to 35%.